By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG Nintendo, When Will we KNOW?!?!?! (More Conflicting NX News)

I've been saying it for a while and I still stand by my theory. That the NX is two different systems under one unified platform. In this cases I think the handheld will indeed be a Tegra chip and the console itself will still be an x86 platform. Likely AMD to be consistent and easier as ever for developers to port games to. I doubt they will be released on the same day though. That would be overwhelming for people.

Around the Network

Nintendo is just wearing me out. The console is supposed to come out in 7 months...

7 months goddamn it...

Just give it 802.11ac wi-fi Nintendo! Pls, for Mario Kart's sake.

Remember Nintendo N A recently terminated the "position" ( w Scottt Moffit in it) of Marketing head of NA so this may be a different manner of filling that role

Miyamotoo said:
I dont see nothing unusual about this job listing, infos saying NX is hybrid, so most likely they will market like handheld and home console in same time, Nintendo will aim both markets in same time, thats whole point being hybrid of handheld and home console.

I just can't imagine anyone truely beliving Nintendo will only come out with one product. Especially with a new leak that Sony is preparing a PS4 portable which will allow for all ps4 games to be played on the go.   There is something much bigger coming from nintendo then a handheld system with an hdmi out. 

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:
Miyamotoo said:
I dont see nothing unusual about this job listing, infos saying NX is hybrid, so most likely they will market like handheld and home console in same time, Nintendo will aim both markets in same time, thats whole point being hybrid of handheld and home console.

I just can't imagine anyone truely beliving Nintendo will only come out with one product. Especially with a new leak that Sony is preparing a PS4 portable which will allow for all ps4 games to be played on the go.   There is something much bigger coming from nintendo then a handheld system with an hdmi out. 

That Sony report was shot down as bunk. 

Nintendo could still have multiple variations of the base NX ... the 3DS has what? Like 4 different models?

bowserthedog said:
Miyamotoo said:

This post make much sense about job listing, and I also dont think NX is just hanhdeld with HDMI, for isntance we know there is base unit.

"Gotta fill the void left by senior retail staff moving on to NX. There's still a holiday season this year.

Also, Nintendo IS debuting a new console this year - NES Classic Edition - and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wants someone to manage its launch and maybe even coordinate demo stations.

In the long run, I'm sure Nintendo will want to retain their demo space for both Wii U and 3DS, and if NX is a hybrid they'll be able to install NX demos both on small handheld spots and on demo TVs. They probably already have a lot of institutional knowledge about both, and since they'll probably retire the 3DS and Wii U product lines at different times, it'll help to have dedicated retail liaisons guiding each of those products out of circulation."

It wouldn't actually stun me if that NES Mini has a better holiday season than the Wii U ever did, lol.

Soundwave said:
It wouldn't actually stun me if that NES Mini has a better holiday season than the Wii U ever did, lol.

I'd be stunned if it didn't. Those cheap, shitty Genesis knock offs you can find on eBay and at certain retail stores are pretty popular with not only 30-40 somethings wanting to play old games, but parents and grandparents wanting to get a cheap console with a ton of games for kids.

Soundwave said:

Especially with nintendo severly limited the number of wiiu's they will ship.