By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG Nintendo, When Will we KNOW?!?!?! (More Conflicting NX News)

JEMC said:

They'll reveal it in December at the VGAwards. Reggie would come to share a new Zelda video that will finish going dark with the sentence "Available on Wii U and..." and then the first images of NX.

Just to make you painfully wait .

Switch Zelda with Cranky Kong and I'll believe it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
dongo8 said:

Yet another rumor-ish article, but this one is more based on fact. Based on recent job listings at Nintendo, the handheld and console marketing looks to STILL be separate, with a lead on each marketing division. Does this mean that the hybrid console is yet another result of not so great reporting or misinterpretation? When will we know?!

http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-nx-may-not-be-a-console-handheld-hybrid-job-listings-suggest

I also believe NX will be 2 separate consoles because Iwata made it clear that their intention of NX wasn't to mix the handheld and console hardware into a single unit. He said that several times. All of a sudden, I'm worried again.

That was statment few years ago, lotsa things changed after that, he also stated he dont know form factor or number of devices for new platform, basicly only thing that he was certain is they want unifed platform.

Slarvax said:
JEMC said:

They'll reveal it in December at the VGAwards. Reggie would come to share a new Zelda video that will finish going dark with the sentence "Available on Wii U and..." and then the first images of NX.

Just to make you painfully wait .

Switch Zelda with Cranky Kong and I'll believe it.

Cranky will be a new DLC fighter for Smash.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I dont see nothing unusual about this job listing, infos saying NX is hybrid, so most likely they will market like handheld and home console in same time, Nintendo will aim both markets in same time, thats whole point being hybrid of handheld and home console.

My guess is September or October so they can open pre orders for Christmas. I have to imagine they originally wanted to launch this Christmas but they mustn't have been able to get their software completed on time so had to delay to next spring. Which is actually convenient in a way because they can avoid clashing with a possible ps4 neo and psvr.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
I dont see nothing unusual about this job listing, infos saying NX is hybrid, so most likely they will market like handheld and home console in same time, Nintendo will aim both markets in same time, thats whole point being hybrid of handheld and home console.

You're sort of missing the point here. IF it is a hybrid system, they have already merged their internal departments into one, so why not their handheld and console marketing departments? The job listings make it seem very much so that they are still releasing a home console, and a handheld - as SEPARATE devices, which is not what the information that we have been getting has been pointing to. We are basically back at square one. What is this thing/ARE these things? I'm so lost, I don't even know how to feel any more. I originally got excited about a cartridge based family where each the handheld and the home console could play the same games just by removing the cartridge from one and plugging it into the other. THEN we got word that it is not two separate devices, but one device that could go with you out of the house, but then plug into a dock for console gaming on a TV. NOW I'm leaning back towards the original thought, maybe a family where the cartridges work for both but the devices are separate for on the go and at home play.

I really hope this thing is revealed next month, I am hyped to the max and no one can get a bead on it, so really I'm hyped just for the fact that Nintendo is making a new system. I have NO IDEA what it is, what it smells like, looks like, tastes like, plays like, displays like, etc. I just know that I WANT IT!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

I guess they will not reveal anything till PSVR is on the market and Sony explains what are their plans.
Also, they are probably reforming all their strategy after Pokemon GO amazing sucess.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

dongo8 said:
Miyamotoo said:

You're sort of missing the point here. IF it is a hybrid system, they have already merged their internal departments into one, so why not their handheld and console marketing departments? The job listings make it seem very much so that they are still releasing a home console, and a handheld - as SEPARATE devices, which is not what the information that we have been getting has been pointing to. We are basically back at square one. What is this thing/ARE these things? I'm so lost, I don't even know how to feel any more. I originally got excited about a cartridge based family where each the handheld and the home console could play the same games just by removing the cartridge from one and plugging it into the other. THEN we got word that it is not two separate devices, but one device that could go with you out of the house, but then plug into a dock for console gaming on a TV. NOW I'm leaning back towards the original thought, maybe a family where the cartridges work for both but the devices are separate for on the go and at home play.

I really hope this thing is revealed next month, I am hyped to the max and no one can get a bead on it, so really I'm hyped just for the fact that Nintendo is making a new system. I have NO IDEA what it is, what it smells like, looks like, tastes like, plays like, displays like, etc. I just know that I WANT IT!

Because they still have separate handheld and home console maybe..

I believe in those Eurogamer infos, but that doesn't mean that Nintendo will never again after that release separate handheld and home console.

The truth is that Nintendo won't even show you what the NX is. They'll just release it one day and laugh at the miserable fools who waited years for the leaks to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.