By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

I see. How are the map packs for this game btw? Worth it?

Around the Network

welcome to the league naznatips.

side note:  In two weeks a content patch will arrive that contains an offline tutorial

"Training Tutorials

As more and more people join the Warhawk community, we are seeing an even greater difference between skill-levels than ever before. New Warhawk players had to go online in order to learn the game and, invariably, they would encounter enemy players that were, shall we say, not too kind to newbies This made it really hard for players to learn the ropes, get familiar with the controls, weapons, etc.

So…The new v1.5 Update includes 4 very simple tutorials that can be played off-line. Each one focuses on the core principals of each of the 3 modes of gameplay: Infantry, Ground Vehicles and Aircraft. Now these tutorials are very, very simple and It wouldn’t surprise me if some of our more hardcore players find them way too pedestrian. But we’re looking to help the *new* player, a player that may not be that familiar with Warhawk or the shooter genre. These tutorials are an invaluable help to a newbie!!! "

ameratsu said:
Domo-Kun said:
I've been a fan of Incog Inc. since Twisted Metal Black.

The only reason I picked up Warhawk was Incog.

War of the Monsters :)

Indeed.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

I haven't gone online yet, but when I bought it I made a local empty game and screwed around with the controls to figure out the basics of everything so I wouldn't be too lost. I also spent a while trying to do the craziest things I could without dying in a Warhawk so that I would be able to compete in online dogfights.

Again though, I'm sure I'll be absolutely slammed online.

If I were you, I would not even consider buying map packs until I knew what kind of bundle they will be offering for all 3 in a couple of weeks. But yes, they are very good complements to the main game. Most of the leaguers have opted to acquire them.

I only play Warhawk during league games, and I feel I have gotten my money's worth with the pack bundle. So what you get out of them is up to your commitment. :)

Around the Network

everyone gets owned their first couple of times. just make sure that when you do start playing online to make use of the rank restricted rookie servers. 

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome guys. ^_^

I'm looking forward to being slaughtered and embarrassed by you this weekend.  Oh and any opinions on the Warhawk headset that came with it?  The sound test I ran on it sounded okay...

Welcome to the league Nazatips.

I would recommend the Broken Mirror map pack. The ACP is pretty awesome. You can respawn in them, and they can protect you from Warhawks when you activate the shield. Personally, I didn't like the Operation Omega Dawn map, but we do play all maps in the league. Another booster map is coming out soon, so you should wait if they'll reduce the prices on the 2 previous booster packs or bundle all 3. I'll be sure to take it easy on you when we meet ;)

What is your timezone, Naznatips?

I have the bluetooth headset. I liked it, but my clan used to complain that they would not hear me properly(distortion while in game), but that might have to do with me being French-Canadian.

EDIT: Please start confirming for Saturday's game. (those who have not implied so already tonight)

I'm USA EST (So it's currently 11:30 PM here).