By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

@ MakingMusic
I am very sorry that you missed us again. ( the last time being when we initiated DmeisterJ's cousin, EJ)

Here is what happened to explain the lack of a longterm server, like I had promised:

1. In previous versions of Warhawk before 1.3, I could launch Warhawk on one PS3 with the Disk, take it out and Launch on my other PS3. I was therefore going to have 1 PS3 acting as a server from 4pm to midnight and have my other PS3 so that I could come and go as I pleased. 1.3 no longer allows me to do this. I discovered this at 4pm today when I took out the disk, closing the server with 2 people in there. I then regretfully started a "player"type server instead of a "dedicated" I was expected to have.

2. After about an hour, my internet crashed. I was back online in 5 minutes max, but 2 out of the 8 that was there before never came back.

3. Around 7pm I started getting hungry. So next intermission. told people I was shutting down the server and that it would be back online within 5 minutes. I then started the server on the other PS3, knowing I could then not play myself.

4. After launching the server on the other, I used to main PS3 to message every one in the previous round that the server was back up. The new server only attracted 3 of the people, with only a peek of 2 people on at once (Maybe the fact that it started on Zones scared people away). After my supper, I went in to see it empty. I observed no one for a few minutes. Came here to annonce I was shutting it down and did so.

So the server was up with only 10 minutes of inturruption for 3h30mins. During which we had a good 2 hours 20 minutes of 3on 3 to 4 on 4 action.

I will call my ISP to avoid my internet losing connection. I will know next time to plan out better map layouts.

If enough interest exists, I think there should be enough people to have a few hours of Warhawking every week with at least some 3 on 3 action. I don't want us to get burned out though.

Goodnight. Good gaming to those that played. I'm sorry to those that missed it. What happened? to those that said they would be there. And, most importantly, to all I say, I hope to see you next time. :)

Around the Network

It's no problem. With so few people on I can't blame you for shutting things down, lol.

Better luck next time, eh?

Damn it. I knew I was forgeting something today. I'm going to add you to my friends list dogs rule (if you don't mind). I'm marking my calender as I write to remind me for next time. It's the 19th at 4pm EDT, right?

EDIT: almost forgot, I have a headset, the Omega Dawn pack and I plan to get the new one when it drops. I can only do 12 player games so I wouldn't be very good for hosting.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Thanks alot Dogs Rule, it was still fun to play against the few VgC members that showed up. I would think itd be easier if EVERYONE on the list interested in this league just add Dogs Rule on PsN so he has a better understanding of how many people are on and how many people will show up. We just need to get alittle more organized thats it really.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Ok, add me. The next official date is the 19th @ 4pm. Will there be unofficial meetings before then? Maybe, if there is enough interest. I'm very liberal when it comes to the rules of the league, with the main goal being to accomodate as many players for as much fun as possible. If that means modifying the dates and times, then so be it. I do believe Saturdays 4PM eastern is the best though, since it is prime time (8-9pm) in Europe and the UK, late afternoon in the East of NA, just after lunch for the Pacific crown and Early morning (7am) Sunday for parts of Australia.

The question is therefore when does it end? Well, I can't have an uninterrupted hosting session for 8 hours if I want to play. I have to shut it down when I want to go from playing, to just hosting and vice versa. So more people will have to return, and quickly (within a 20minute timeframe) , when I have to temporairily switch the server type. So people need patience in that regard.

Of course I'm not the only possible host. :)

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
You guys should have played. The server had maybe a total of 8 people. Hopefully more will show up next time.

I will crush you in Warhawk!

Just Kidding!

Yes, you are really good.  Especially when you are on Warhawk.

I had a blast this afternoon.  Look forward to playing with you guys two weeks later. 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

kasillas88 said:
Thanks alot Dogs Rule, it was still fun to play against the few VgC members that showed up. I would think itd be easier if EVERYONE on the list interested in this league just add Dogs Rule on PsN so he has a better understanding of how many people are on and how many people will show up. We just need to get alittle more organized thats it really.

The idea of every player adding my PSN, while convinient for you guys, is too much of a burden for my list. No offense. Already 3 VGCharterz have had to ask me to trim my list so I could add them. Anticipating this I brought my list into the high 30's (out of 50). But between Hot Shots Golf and the Warhawk league I just can't spare too much bloat. Best solution inspired by your idea. For example, I have 5 people on my list from the League. Each of those should commit to 5 from the league and so on, so we each bear a little burden (not that friends are a burden, but a cap on friends is). That way, we will eventually all be able to see at least one VGCharter on our list to remind us of the Warhawk game. Does that make sence? Its late here in Quebec, sorry.

@DR
Yeah I see, splitting the PsN's would be less of a Burden on everyones list. We have plenty of time to get this PsN Matrix out of the way before April 19. Also Wenlan posted that he can host 24 people....so how about it Wenlan, wanna be host?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I have at least four of you on my PSN list already (iclim, ckmlb, munkeh, dogs rule/bowties) and possibly a few others that I can't remember as well.

SlumsofOhio said:
kasillas88 said:
SlumsofOhio said:
Me, im badgerfan.

expect many mines from me in your future, MUAHAHA!!!!

That sucked. Those mine were everywhere, and then I hit an air mine that I couldn't see. Those were well placed. 

haha, I finally managed to kill you once (maybe even twice), it made me so happy after being blasted out the air twenty times

I think that game needs a camera lock feature

@ Dogs rule: sorry about leaving, I was getting a bit tired, and I was going to quit anyway, it was a lot of fun though