By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More New Pokemon and Alola Forms! Evil Team: Team Skull!

t3mporary_126 said:
So all the cubone and marowak failed to adapt in alola and resurrected as ghost with fiery determination of revenge? Also Alola seems to lack a lot of ground type Pokemon.

Well we already have 4 in the Mudsdale and Sandcastle evolution lines, given that we saw something like 40 Pokémon that's 1/10 out of 18 types...

Around the Network

I like how every generation has the same reactions from people.

"OMG worst generation ever!"
"It's like 12 year old's drew this"
"We need gen 1 pokemon back!"
"The next generation can't possibly be worse"

And repeat this for the generations to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Jpcc86 said:
I dont like the Sandcastle one, the concept is kinda ridiculous. Like... Vanilluxe or Klefli.

I mean, sand castles are cool...and so is pokemon.

Not the most creative thing ever, but it's cool to see the weird pokemon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Jpcc86 said:
I dont like the Sandcastle one, the concept is kinda ridiculous. Like... Vanilluxe or Klefli.

Or Magneton or Dugtrio or Electrode or Muk...

Pokemon would be very different if it didn't have the simple and weird designs.

I think people don't appreciate them enough. There's no rules set in stone for what a pokemon is. Even a piece of poop can be a pokemon for all we know.

I absolutely love the sandcastle Pokémon, I just hope it has either the Water Absorb or Storm Drain ability (because it would be weird for a Pokémon that lives close to water to be weak to water). The ground types for Sun and Moon have been great so far, with both Mudsdale and the sandcastle of death probably going straight into my team.

I think the Bewear pre-evolution looks a bit too overdesigned in the face, which is weird because Bewear looks so extremely simplistic. I like that we're finally getting a quadrupedal bear Pokémon though.

The fish... I dislike its eyes, but the school form looks nice. I wonder if it's a form which it can retain permanently, or if it's dependent on its health or something.

Alolan Meowth is underwhelming, it's just a sassy Meowth with a different skin color.I like the dark typing, Persian always felt like it should've been a Dark Pokémon. I wonder what Alolan Persian will look like.

Alolan Marowak is also not doing it for me. It's not a bad design, I just personally don't like the colors. I hope Cubone will get an Alolan form too, but we could get another Exeggcute situation here too.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
One decent new Pokémon, a lot of crappy ones, more stupid Alola forms and even more spoilers?

Just one more day in the life.

Being 36 years old and never having played a new Pokemon game I can honestly tell you that there is no such thing as a crappy Pokemon. They're all little Japanese fictional cartoon characters. All of them are ridiuclous looking. Pikachu is just as stupid as any of them.

Having said that, I am looking forward to Sun and Moon. I'm getting a Moon for myself and Sun my daughter so we can play locally and have fun. They could make Pokemon that are walking, talking Coke cans and it wouldn't change my opinion lol.

hershel_layton said:

Ever noticed how every generation also has the same people defending the newest abominable creations?

Some people are satisfied with bland colourful monsters with ridiculous shoehorned type-combinations, while others are looking for creatures that have some thought put into them. Not to mention orginality, with the rise of Mega/Alola remakes.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Ever noticed how every generation also has the same people defending the newest abominable creations?

Some people are satisfied with bland colourful monsters with ridiculous shoehorned type-combinations, while others are looking for creatures that have some thought put into them. Not to mention orginality, with the rise of Mega/Alola remakes.

And those same people's points are still as right as ever.

How is Oricorio bland, Mimikyu thoughtless, and Wimpod's type combination shoe-horned? And are you saying Pokemon shouldn't be colorful? As for "remakes," we still get completely new Pokemon so this is a pretty petty complaint. We're almost at 1,000 Pokemon, so it's understandable for them to slow down the overall number growth while still having essentially new Pokemon via forms. It's fanservice and gives more viability to weaker Pokemon, though they definitely need to go about Megas better.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
hershel_layton said:

I don't like this close-mindedness of fans at times (not pointing at you, particularly). As Hershel_Layton said, there are no actual rules on who or what can be a Pokemon. Each gen, I do see unique designs that I probably wouldn't have thought of before. Oricorio resembling various dances, Comfey being a lei, Phantrump possibly incluenced by the stump of a kodama, etc. Plus I like some of the callbacks such as Alola Marowak from Gen 1, Alola Exeggutor from its Pokedex descriptions and the idea of the Dragon Fruit, etc. I personally like the Alola/Megas since they do provide new life for old Pokemon (even if it's mostly for Gen 1) and the designs are pretty darn good.

hershel_layton said:

basically.

Same thign when Zelda comes out. This game sucks, last game was amazing.