By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More New Pokemon and Alola Forms! Evil Team: Team Skull!

Einsam_Delphin said:

And those same people's points are still as right as ever.

How is Oricorio bland, Mimikyu thoughtless, and Wimpod's type combination shoe-horned? And are you saying Pokemon shouldn't be colorful? As for "remakes," we still get completely new Pokemon so this is a pretty petty complaint. We're almost at 1,000 Pokemon, so it's understandable for them to slow down the overall number growth while still having essentially new Pokemon via forms. It's fanservice and gives more viability to weaker Pokemon, though they definitely need to go about Megas better.

And there we have it.

People have different preferences. I never said that no good Pokémon designs come out of new generations. What bothers me is that with more lazy Pikachu clones, Alola forms and Mega Evolutions, you don't have much to look forward to in the newer games other than botched versions of the classics. And then there's sand castles, ice cream cones and keys who indeed are just as bad as Muk and Koffing but only serve to clog up the creativity pipe further.

If coming up with new Pokémon designs is so hard at this point I'd prefer if they took their time and released new games more sparsely, because what they are pumping out at the moment is abysmal.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

And there we have it.

People have different preferences. I never said that no good Pokémon designs come out of new generations. What bothers me is that with more lazy Pikachu clones, Alola forms and Mega Evolutions, you don't have much to look forward to in the newer games other than botched versions of the classics. And then there's sand castles, ice cream cones and keys who indeed are just as bad as Muk and Koffing but only serve to clog up the creativity pipe further.

If coming up with new Pokémon designs is so hard at this point I'd prefer if they took their time and released new games more sparsely, because what they are pumping out at the moment is abysmal.

It's hardly preference that some Megas are bad, not design-wise, I mean for the game. I don't think anyone would disagree that Mega Trollquaza was a huge mistake and that Mega Khangaskan is way too overcentralizing, and don't get me started on Primals!

But take away the whole Pikachu "clone" shtick and what exactly is there bad about Togedermaru? Just because it's an electric rodent, that automatically makes it lazy and poor looking? Sure the idea isn't 100% original, though that's rarely ever the case with Pokemon, but what matters most is the execution.

The original Exeggutor was already botched, but now thanks to his Alolan form people actually care about him. You're really not interested at all in seeing old Pokemon getting new looks and uses? And again, there are much more new Pokemon than forms. Sun/Moon currently have like 50 or so Pokemon vs 8 forms, and awesome Pokemon like Vikavolt and Mudsdale make up the majority of that number.

Sand Castles and Keys are just as creative as Dogs and Cats, as almost all Pokemon are just based on real word things. Why is it okay to be based on animals but not objects? What makes animals automatically more creative?