By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales for the future..

Ive seen some of your guys signatures, like neos and  more users stating the wii will be almost at 50 million by this year's end, I dont understand why you guys beleive this, though what do you think will happen for the wii to reach that numbers since I think its impossible, what do you think that makes it possible?

The price? Increase in demand? Nintendo creating more wii's? What?

Why I expect the wii to end up with as much as 33 million consoles by the end of 2008:

I do not expect the wii to be something that every person in the world wants and it will no longer sell out sometime in mid 08, demand should be met at that point and sales should drop to around 360 levels.

Notice: I can be wrong, Im not a fortune teller than can tell the future like some people that have posted on this forum stating the wii "WILL" sell more than 40 million, meaning they  already know what will happen in the future since they can predic it after all.

mM
Around the Network

it's a silly thought Leo-j. 40 million is the MINIMUM. they are gonna produce more wii's (they will announce it at the fiscal report), also demand increases even more with Wii fit and mario kart.

Everyone with a clear mind knows this will happen.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

And what about your sig Leo? You think wii wont sell more units than last year? What makes you think that?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I anticpiate demand will have been reached and sales will drop to normal levels(as in 360 levels or slightly higher) by mid year.

@neos

I see so you think every single gamer wants a wii then?

mM
trestres said:
And what about your sig Leo? You think wii wont sell more units than last year? What makes you think that?

Not only would it not sell more, sales would have to fall a hella lot. 

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I anticpiate demand will have been reached and sales will drop to normal levels(as in 360 levels or slightly higher) by mid year.

@neos

no, every casual

watch when wii fit arrives in america, and especially on Oprah.

You'll see numbers fly high like you have never seen before

leo-j, you think the Wii is selling good now? Wait till there is plenty of supply over the holiday for all of those casuals... the Wii 08 cmas, could look like the DS of 07. I am predicting the Wii to sell over 1 million a week for 3-4 weeks during the Black Friday to cmas holiday rush. And a couple more weeks of WW sales over 750k.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Good question, Leo-J.

I would first direct everyone's attention to your signature. You predict that the Wii will, at most, reach 33 million. That is 10 million more than what has been sold to date. There are 9 months left in the year. The Wii on average is hitting 300-400,000 units a week. That is between 1.2 and 1.6 million units a month. Just using those figures the Wii will likely hit between 34 and 37 million this year. Therefore, siince one good turn deserves another, it would also be nice if you support your claim that it will only sell 33 milllion.

One thing that we all know is the effect that the Holidays have on console sales. Nearly 60 percent of sales occur between November and December every year.
Nintendo is purportedly producing 1.8 million consoles per month. If they just sell those consoles they will hit 39.2 million sold by the end of this year.

Of course, I believe they are going to increase production once again, if for no other reason than to make sure that Korea and China can get their fill as well. Combine this with the fact that they have not even begun to release multiple colors or drop the price and you can see the demand that has yet to be tapped.

I think my 43 million estimate is a little low and doesn't take into account new markets/increased production.

Neos said:
leo-j said:

@neos

no, every casual

Even if its true dont you think it would sell out and nintendo will need to produce much more wii's than they can at that point?

edit: Every casual wants a wii? What makes you think they wont buy a ps2 instead?

mM
leo-j said:
Neos said:
leo-j said:

@neos

no, every casual

Even if its true dont you think it would sell out and nintendo will need to produce much more wii's than they can at that point?

edit: Every casual wants a wii? What makes you think they wont buy a ps2 instead?

because the whole world has a ps2 already. People are just replacing their broken ones =P. Also, yes i think they will underestimate demand once again, but they will produce 2.7-2.8 million wii's a month is my prediction.