By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF VII Remake Release Date Discussion

The gaming world needs this game as soon as possible...

Around the Network

Episode 1 will release holidays 2017 imo.

Rant:
SE should probably realize though that they can't simply release $60 episodes for this game. It is known as one game for millions of fans and you'd think SE would have this in mind. It makes sense from a business and an artistic standpoint to even release this game in full parts to maintain a certain level of quality, but not from a marketing. You can bet your ass people will be pissed if this one actual game is 3 $60 games.

It doesn't matter how you spin it, that's how it's going to look. For new and old fans. It's not like new fans didn't know the original was one game. Multiple discs, but one game. That's the other thing that's like a duh moment.
It wouldn't be difficult to just release 1 game on multiple discs if the game is so big. Sure, they want to release the game sooner so why not just pay $20 per part in that case? I am setsuna is a perfect example of a quality game catering to the nostalgia of old school fans, but with too high a price point for what it is. That kind of makes all the difference.

And you know they're going to put out an excessive amount of DLC for this game, right? They're mentioning all the content they couldn't possibly put in in just 1 disc, but knowing Kitase that's what they're going to do. They already did a shameless amount of this with the XIII trilogy and they mentioned the XIII trilogy as a template for the FF7 remake.

/rant

Lube Me Up

I'd say a late 2017 release for the first release/part. I'm predicting KH is going into development hell because Nomura is leading FFVII, and even though he is KH3's director, KH3 is being handled by the Osaka team. FFVII takes priority obviously.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

If this releases before KH3 I will be pissed (it's gonna happen)

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
If this releases before KH3 I will be pissed (it's gonna happen)

Don't know, but weren't they aiming for the 20th anniversary to release (for the first part)? At the moment i must say even i couldn't believe it, but thought it was the goal...