By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF VII Remake Release Date Discussion

I think a release date of late 2020 is reasonable enough.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Roketan said:
They already confirmed that it's running on Unreal Engine 4.

As for a prediction, i would say Fall 2017/Early 2018 for Part 1.

Hold there, the game is going to be episodic??? What they are going to do ? Make each disc a stand-alone game???

Come on! I wanna play this already

Nintendo Network: xavi707

PSN: xavi0707

invetedlotus123 said:
Roketan said:
They already confirmed that it's running on Unreal Engine 4.

As for a prediction, i would say Fall 2017/Early 2018 for Part 1.

Hold there, the game is going to be episodic??? What they are going to do ? Make each disc a stand-alone game???

Think of the FFXIII Trilogy, a set of three games all are connected. FFVII Remake might be a Tetralogy, or Pentalogy.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I think they will it release next year, that's the reason they make more parts, to be faster

Around the Network

FF7 is beeing worked on Unreal 4. They themselves said this.

Working with the mess that is the FFXV engine would make development take longer, not less. It's like you forget that game has been in development for 10 years.

I am hoping they are reconsidering the episodic release and are aiming for a 2018 release for the whole game. Assuming KH3 will be tgeir big title in 2017.

deskpro2k3 said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Think of the FFXIII Trilogy, a set of three games all are connected. FFVII Remake might be a Tetralogy, or Pentalogy.

Ah, now I understand. They are going to do an approach like Xenosaga series. It can work well, let's just hope that this time the project continues til the end. SquareSoft released Xenogears with this in mind and didn't turn well also. 

I think they will start releasing it at 2018 and finish by the end of 2019. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

hopefully they just release it quite late but drop the epesodic crap, I would assume earliest somewhere 2017 and latest 2019.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

FF15 was using one of their in-house engines. FF7 is using unreal.

They obviously decided writing their own wasn't ultimately worth the effort.