By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumor]Final Fantasy IX Remastered Possibly Coming to PlayStation Vita

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I don't think really think the "remaster" tag applies without adding something else to it. FF9 on iOS/Steam isn't much of an improvement at all. Not at least compared to well done remasters like FFX HD and how FFXII HD is looking.

They didn't really add anything new to ffx hd remaster though - they just put the missing content from the international edition that's all.

Remaster tag from what I have seen is mainly visual upgrade with some minor additions such as music being remixed and addition of achievements. Especially going from se's track record with games like kh1.5, kh 2.5 and ffx hd

It's not really a remaster in my eyes... They are just essentially rendering everything at a higher resolution.

Something like Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Anniversary is a real remaster in my opinion. This is more like a re-release with a few bonuses.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
outlawauron said:

Eh, they redid the entire OST and redid every single character and monster model. FFIX looks like they just put it through a filter. 

But that really isn't adding anything though - more of a modification than a new addition/content. 

Well if that doesn't add anything, I'm not sure what to say. That part requires more time, money, and effort than just about anything else you can add to a remaster without it being a complete remake. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Pemalite said:
BasilZero said:

They didn't really add anything new to ffx hd remaster though - they just put the missing content from the international edition that's all.

Remaster tag from what I have seen is mainly visual upgrade with some minor additions such as music being remixed and addition of achievements. Especially going from se's track record with games like kh1.5, kh 2.5 and ffx hd

It's not really a remaster in my eyes... They are just essentially rendering everything at a higher resolution.

Something like Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Anniversary is a real remaster in my opinion. This is more like a re-release with a few bonuses.

That's a fair way of looking at it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BasilZero said:
AZWification said:

Does it say anything about speeding up the battles? That's my only gripe with IX.

The remastered version allows you to speed up the game in and out of battle without affecting the game clock which makes the Excalibur quest easier.

Great to know. Thanks for telling me that, woman!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's a load of bullshit. Pokemon releases with a old school turn-based battle system and sells over 10m each time. Persona 5 seems to be the most hyped Persona game ever. Fire Emblem seems to be doing really well too. Outside of RPGs both Civilization and XCOM do well with turn based systems.

This idea that nobody wants turn based these days may well be held by SE execs but it's simply not true.

So... Pokémon and this is it? Pokémon is a Nintendo franchise, as much as it keep releasing people keep buying it, not to say it's the franchise that makes people keep buying their handhelds, not because it's turn based, because it's a monster collection game. Go isn't turn based and is doing wonders, Pokémon is Pokémon.
Look to all other turn based RPGs and as they almost died last gen, they became extremely niche or skipped the gen alltogether like Persona you mentioned, that's now indeed stronger than ever, but Persona numbers weren't even on the same realm as FF to begin with.

Obviously there are people interested in turn based games, I'm one of them, but it's pretty clear action is what most of people want, pretty, pretty clear.

Are you sure? I don't get that at all, action JRPGs are not outshinning turnbased JRPGs in terms of sales. Lets put aside Final Fantasy  (Final Fantasy 13 is most likely going to outsell Final Fantasy 15 at this rate anyway).  Name me a franchise that is an action JRPG that people love and sold well last generation, hell most people would put Ni No Kuni (Sony centric fans) as their number 1 for last generation, Nintendo Fans would obviously put Xenoblade and Xbox Fans Lost Odyssey. Hell Persona is doing wonders in COMG and Final Fantasy XV is doing awful.

Dragon Quest IX outshinned previous entries and XI most likely will (since it has two versions). The demand for turn base is the same as it always was, the only problem is, some companies forget how to write and deliever setting, plot and characters that people want. 

I don't mean dark souls either, it has to be overtly Japanese, not western influenced.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
BraLoD said:

So... Pokémon and this is it? Pokémon is a Nintendo franchise, as much as it keep releasing people keep buying it, not to say it's the franchise that makes people keep buying their handhelds, not because it's turn based, because it's a monster collection game. Go isn't turn based and is doing wonders, Pokémon is Pokémon.
Look to all other turn based RPGs and as they almost died last gen, they became extremely niche or skipped the gen alltogether like Persona you mentioned, that's now indeed stronger than ever, but Persona numbers weren't even on the same realm as FF to begin with.

Obviously there are people interested in turn based games, I'm one of them, but it's pretty clear action is what most of people want, pretty, pretty clear.

Are you sure? I don't get that at all, action JRPGs are not outshinning turnbased JRPGs in terms of sales. Lets put aside Final Fantasy  (Final Fantasy 13 is most likely going to outsell Final Fantasy 15 at this rate anyway).  Name me a franchise that is an action JRPG that people love and sold well last generation, hell most people would put Ni No Kuni (Sony centric fans) as their number 1 for last generation, Nintendo Fans would obviously put Xenoblade and Xbox Fans Lost Odyssey. Hell Persona is doing wonders in COMG and Final Fantasy XV is doing awful.

Dragon Quest IX outshinned previous entries and XI most likely will (since it has two versions). The demand for turn base is the same as it always was, the only problem is, some companies forget how to write and deliever setting, plot and characters that people want. 

I don't mean dark souls either, it has to be overtly Japanese, not western influenced.

Well, outside of the biggest names, I don't think that's correct. Keep in mind that people consider the Souls series that ideal Action JRPG. Those have been big successes and outdo everything that isn't DQ and FF. People argue that those sell based on brand, not gameplay.

outlawauron said:
Acevil said:

Well, outside of the biggest names, I don't think that's correct. Keep in mind that people consider the Souls series that ideal Action JRPG. Those have been big successes and outdo everything that isn't DQ and FF. People argue that those sell based on brand, not gameplay.

Dark Souls and Ni No Kuni had similar successes, given the first Ni No Kuni was split into two like DQXI. Persona might also have similar success. I mean we have to put aside Dragon Quest and Pokemon, to even make similarities. I am also ignoring the rise of Yokai Watch (given this has fallen from grace and is this generation, still a million seller). 

The demand for turn based is still around and I say it isn't lower than then Action JRPG. I don't think it went anywhere, however it would be heightened if actual great games were made, instead of whatever Square is doing with Final Fantasy. 

Hopefully, it makes it's way to PS4. That's really the only Final Fantasy I never got to try. Heard it was a great love letter to the earlier ones, though.

Actually, what SE should do is release a Final Fantasy Collection next year before FF7 Remake Ch. 1 releases. Have every FF game before 7 on it, plus the lastest remake it got, all in 1080p. So, for example, the original NES one, plus the remake it got on PS1.

Hope it's true, would love to play a remade version of this game, the way I did with FF X and X2

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

Dark Souls and Ni No Kuni had similar successes, given the first Ni No Kuni was split into two like DQXI. Persona might also have similar success. I mean we have to put aside Dragon Quest and Pokemon, to even make similarities. I am also ignoring the rise of Yokai Watch (given this has fallen from grace and is this generation, still a million seller). 

The demand for turn based is still around and I say it isn't lower than then Action JRPG. I don't think it went anywhere, however it would be heightened if actual great games were made, instead of whatever Square is doing with Final Fantasy. 

I just dont' think that style is mainstream anymore. While there are some very modest successes with Bravely Default, the sequel completely flopped.