By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 25th - July 31st 2016

Jranation said:

Sooo back to my question. Do you think the Wii U version can reach 100k and beat it? 

It will sell over 300k only in 2016....................... at retail.................

Around the Network

Thanks to this forums i learned that 20k is an outstanding number.

Roketan said:

Puzzle and Dragons must be the biggest decline ever. One of the biggest bombas of all bombas. GungHo should move the franchise on Playstation by porting the Battle Tournament version from the arcades. No way it does worse than that. If they keep releasing Puzzle and Dragons on Nintendo systems it will flop harder next time. Fanbase isn't there anymore and the first game was a lighting on a bottle because of the mobile success.

Eh if the franchise is seeing a decline on 3DS in Japan then I hardly think that moving it to PS is going to do much of anything. The franchise thrived (and probably still thrives) on mobile and made a splash with it's first dedicated console game on 3DS and then just fizzled out. Nothing more nothing less. 

Culipechi said:
Thanks to this forums i learned that 20k is an outstanding number.

For a console to do that on its summer drought in a market that's supposedly deader than a dodo is excellent.  

I guess the NX is the only thing that can possibly beat the 3DS hardware and software sales.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
I guess the NX is the only thing that can possibly beat the 3DS hardware and software sales.

What a strange comment.  

Ps4 has beaten the 3DS most weeks in 2016. 

If you mean lifetime then I seriously doubt the NX will beat the 3DS. 

3DS heavy decline from DS. 

I expect NX to at least decline from 3DS too 

Kerotan said:

Well said Ryng_Tolu *proverbial Clap* 

MINECRAFT PASSES 2 MILLION MARK!!! 

Minecraft in Japan:
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition: 1.081.559
[PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition [PlayStation Store]: 355.000
[PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition: 313.531
[WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition: 225.732
[360] Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition: 24.394
[XB1] Minecraft: Xbox One Edition: 855

[ALL] Minecraft: 2.001.071

Credit okami on gaf.  

PS Vita at the top!!! <3

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

What a strange comment.  

The same can be said about your statement.

Ps4 did beat the 3DS more weeks, but the 3DS is a far more older system, and still manages to beat PS4 some weeks, so I personally find that more impressive.

And yeah, the 3DS had a big decline from the DS, but the DS was an anomaly, much like the Wii and the PS2.The PS3 had a big decline in comparison to the PS2.So that means it was a failure?No.Well, at least not comercially.

And for the NX comment.... we dont even know what the hell the system is.Depending on what it is and what games it gets, it can sell better than the PS4 or worse than the Wii U.The type of comments you made will get nowhere.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Kerotan said:

What a strange comment.  

Ps4 did beat the 3DS more weeks, but the 3DS is a far more older system, and still manages to beat PS4 some weeks, so I personally find that more impressive.

And yeah, the 3DS had a big decline from the DS, but the DS was an anomaly, much like the Wii and the PS2.The PS3 had a big decline in comparison to the PS2.So that means it was a failure?No.Well, at least not comercially.

And for the NX comment.... we dont even know what the hell the system is.Depending on what it is and what games it gets, it can sell better than the PS4 or worse than the Wii U.The type of comments you made will get nowhere.

So can we say the ps2/ps1 were anomalies too or at least not possible in today's market?  

The 3DS is also a handheld in the land of handhelds.  If the ps4 was dead how come it can beat it at all?  

Kerotan said:
Nautilus said:

So can we say the ps2/ps1 were anomalies too or at least not possible in today's market?  

The 3DS is also a handheld in the land of handhelds.  If the ps4 was dead how come it can beat it at all?  

The PS2, much like the DS, are "miracles".They are the only two consoles that sold more than 150 millions, and sold more than the other consoles by a wide margin.Its something you cant predict.Hence the anomaly.The PS1 is a highly succesful console, not an anomaly.(I stated the Wii as an anomaly because it was the only Nintendo console to break the constant decrease in Nintendo home console sales, and by a large margin.PS console generally sell well, thats why i dont call the PS1 as an anomaly).

I never stated anywhere that the PS4 was dead.As you yourself said in another post(or was another user?), the PS4 is outselling the PS3 with the launch alligned.But it still cant manage to beat the 3DS all the time, making your statement of "PS4 can beat it at all" a bit of a stretch at the very least.What can be said is that consoles sales is not as strong as it was in the past, but the is another discussion altogether and not pertaining to this one.

And yeah, while the 3DS is not the best selling handheld of all time, it is still selling reasonably well, especially for a system that is 5.5 years old.That cant be ignored.Its fun to make a healthy competition betwenn the consoles, but its only fun when it dosent go too far.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1