By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 25th - July 31st 2016

Kresnik said:
Well, Koei-Tecmo managed to successfully destroy Toukiden huh? On the plus side, the PS4 version didn't perform half as badly as I'd expect. On the flip side, they managed to crater the Vita version by putting zero effort into optimizing it. So where does this leave the IP? Not enough to sustain itself on PS4 and they're not interested in pursuing it further on Vita. Rubbish.

Also Puzzles and Dragons, what a disaster. Can't believe they went from a 1m selling first entry to this.

And World's Longest Five Minutes. I don't even have any words. Why bother, NIS?

But hey, Minecraft Vita continuing to legs, yay. May overtake the WiiU version in weekly sales again soon, lol.

I wonder if Minecraft Wii U can beat the PS4 version. Which I think is at 100k. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Well, Koei-Tecmo managed to successfully destroy Toukiden huh? On the plus side, the PS4 version didn't perform half as badly as I'd expect. On the flip side, they managed to crater the Vita version by putting zero effort into optimizing it. So where does this leave the IP? Not enough to sustain itself on PS4 and they're not interested in pursuing it further on Vita. Rubbish.

Also Puzzles and Dragons, what a disaster. Can't believe they went from a 1m selling first entry to this.

But hey, Minecraft Vita continuing to legs, yay. May overtake the WiiU version in weekly sales again soon, lol.

Compared to some expectations I saw that franchise did really bad, even on top of the expecations being low. 

Youkai-Watch 3 is still doing terrible. Not yet 1 million...

Puzzle and Dragons must be the biggest decline ever. One of the biggest bombas of all bombas. GungHo should move the franchise on Playstation by porting the Battle Tournament version from the arcades. No way it does worse than that. If they keep releasing Puzzle and Dragons on Nintendo systems it will flop harder next time. Fanbase isn't there anymore and the first game was a lighting on a bottle because of the mobile success.

Toukiden 2 has a meh opening. Not terrible but not good either.

The real winner here is Idolmaster and PS4. Platinum Stars debuted higher than One for All (PS3) and is also the best opening for the franchise on home consoles. Only the PSP games had a higher debut. Imagine what Idolmaster 3 can do on PS4...

Also, speaking of PS4, it managed to stay above 20k despite having stock problems...

Jranation said:
Kresnik said:

Wut? Are you imagining numbers? Do you have any data for that 100k claim? PS4 is a lot higher...

Roketan said:
Jranation said:

Wut? Are you imagining numbers? Do you have any data for that 100k claim? PS4 is a lot higher...

Ps4 version will also sell for years after the Wii U gets discontinued in the not too distant future.. 

Around the Network

Where's Ryng Totu? PS4 has been giving him sleepless nights ever since he predicted sub 20k sales since like April lol.

Also Idolmasters should come to the West! Is Platinum Stars part of the main series? What are the differences?

User moderated -RavenXtra

Roketan said:
Jranation said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=218055&page=1

Check on the famitsu chart at number 29. 

Edit: And also thanks to Dr.Vita on the same link on the same page he/she posted.

[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.592) - 36.151 / NEW 
[WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600) - 22.589 / NEW 
[PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.592) - 4.630 / NEW 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Turkish said:
Where's Ryng Totu? PS4 has been giving him sleepless nights ever since he predicted sub 20k sales since like April lol.

Also Idolmasters should come to the West! Is Platinum Stars part of the main series? What are the differences?

Haha!  

It dropped to 19.5k once since he predicted it would get close to 10k. At least he can cling on to that one week!! 

Ryng_Tolu is generally positive with regards Playstation but I'm glad the ps4 is proving a lot of people wrong.  Sony showing you can have a successful home console in Japan for 8+ years for the 4th time in a row.  

They really are the King's of HC in Japan. 

Kerotan said:

I think you posted last week's Famitsu numbers? 

Haha, shows how with it I am today.  Thanks, I'll update.

tag