By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie 3 confirmed for X'mas 08

trestres said:
So if I say the PS3 is a crappy console I wont be considered a troll?

Yes you would.

However. If you said that Uncharted had bad camera, then you would just be mindlessly flaming.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
trestres said:

No, I wouldn't consider you a troll if you said that. You have every right to think the PS3 is a piece of shit, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

trestres said:

No, that's trolling.

If you said "I hate the PS3 because of the inclusion of Blu-ray, driving up its price" or something along those lines, that's fine. Saying that you dislike something for a reason is acceptable no matter how asinine your opinion may be; slamming something without reasoning why you dislike it is trolling.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Riot Of The Blood said:
trestres said:

No, I wouldn't consider you a troll if you said that. You have every right to think the PS3 is a piece of shit, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Lol, I never said that, and I might buy a PS3 later on, what I dont like is people like Griffin who just attack and bash everything that is coming from Nintendo without reason at all.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
trestres said:

Lol, I never said that, and I might buy a PS3 later on, what I dont like is people like Griffin who just attack and bash everything that is coming from Nintendo without reason at all.

He had a reason. He said he didn't like the camera.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Can you call it crappy camera/controls when you never played the game, and its obviuos he didnt. It was a flamebait. There was no need to bring this up to the thread anyways + reviewers said one of the best aspects of the game were the controls.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Just to end this conversation, here's a rule of thumb:

If you can give a reason for your dislike of something, even if that reason may not be agreed on by anyone else, it's okay to say you dislike it as long as that's an opinion. You must also do it in a reasonable manner.

So ,
QIII
Fable 2 + Gears of war 2 + Banjo Kazooie 3

Good

trestres said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
trestres said:

Dont worry. Just tell them that last week Wii sold more than PS3/360 together. That's fact not opinion.Also state sales of Galaxy against Ratchet. Thats fact. That will shut them up. 

BK3 sounds good, despite not having the old crew at Rare, I think if they take the time to get this game right, Rare's name will be restored (which I'm hoping because it was up there in the N64 days).

As for this talk about SMG, even though we'd all like to buy in the "this is the true successor to Mario 64" and think of this game as perfect, it ain't. The camera can be shotty at times and the controls aren't as tight as they have to be in certain areas. Sure they are about the same issues that Mario 64 had, but it's two console generations later and even though camera issues plague almost every game, there's not much excuse left for the controls (i'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying certain narrow areas require finesse that the controls don't always offer). Not to mention the relatively low difficulty level (even to 120 stars), this didn't make the game the successor to Mario 64 in my eyes, more like a rehashing with a new theme.