By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy games for $80 If it included all content (launch and future), and no Micro-transactions?

Would you buy games for $80 If it included all content (launch and future), and no Micro-transactions?

Yes! 76 39.79%

No! 115 60.21%

Total:191

Instead of charging more to accommodate high development costs, why not reduce development costs?

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
No, maybe devs should go back to reasonable budgets where you don't need to sell 3m copies at $60 to break even and sell $20-40 season passes.

You ninja'd me

When you pre-order games the bonus should be the future DLC. Soon after launch game prices start to drop and in order to maximise game sales at launch this would be the logical course. It gives a massive incentive not to wait for a price drop and will help the game industry.

Alternatively and possibly better both pre-orders and games purchased in the first 30 days of launch get the DLC.

No, I like dlc and that you get new stuff for the game months after release. I also like microtransactions as long as it doesn't make a game 100% pay-to-win. Rarely it does though. If I like a game I want an option to buy additional things for it :P

No.

I rarely buy games now at $60 given how 90% drop in price within 6-12 months to $20-30 range. I also very rarely get DLC because I don't care about it or feel it is not priced to what I value it.

Given the sheer volume of games out these days even games I want get lost in the shuffle due to time and financial constraints. If a game did go this route make it that much easier for me to pass or wait on it.

Around the Network

If it's a game I know ill be playing a lot and for a long time, sure.

$80 for a short SP game? No.
$80 for a MP game like Titanfall 2 that I know ill spend hundreds of hours with? No brainer.

No, I'd rather have the choice of wanting any future content rather than being forced to pay for it by default.

Nope although since I am in Canada, we pay that for the most part anyway :P But I am not willing to pay $100 for it since that is essentially what it would be like in Canada.

I don't mind Microtransactions provided they do it like they did in Overwatch. $40 for the base game (PC) with free dlc for life and microtransactions that are purely cosmetic but its not too hard to get them in game either.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

For selected titles...absolutely yes.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

How about they stop makeing insanely expensive games instead?
Its not reasonable to price games that high imo.
There too expensive as is for the most part.