By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

thismeintiel said:
Come on, Sony. Make this month REALLY interesting and announce a pricecut to $299. Just dreaming, I know. Without that, I'm sure the XBO will win August. Though, I'm not quite sure it'll do it by 2:1.

I don't see Sony doing a drop on the base PS4 until the Neo officially debuts. Whenever that will be.

Around the Network

tag

18 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#06 XB1s-2gb (up 1)*
#26 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 3)
#44 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#71 XB1 NYG Bundle (down 14)
#76 Vita (down 4)
#88 N3DSXL Red (re-entry)
#98 XB1 3 Game Bundle (same)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#02 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 1)
#05 3DS Pokemon S&M (up 3

The PS5 Exists. 

All Pokémon Skus in TOP 10 and The special Edition in TOP 5 lol.

Call it now:

Pokémon moon /sun > call of Duty Infinite Warfare for PS4 inc Bundle in November NPD

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#06 XB1s-2gb (same)
#25 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 1)
#43 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#66 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 5)
#76 Vita (same)
#89 N3DSXL Red (down 1)
#100 XB1 3 Game Bundle (down 2)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#02 PS4 No Man's Sky (same)
#04 3DS Pokemon S&M (up 1)
#09 3DS Pokemon Moon (re-entry)
#10 3DS Pokemon Sun (re-entry)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
thismeintiel said:
Come on, Sony. Make this month REALLY interesting and announce a pricecut to $299. Just dreaming, I know. Without that, I'm sure the XBO will win August. Though, I'm not quite sure it'll do it by 2:1.

I don't see Sony doing a drop on the base PS4 until the Neo officially debuts. Whenever that will be.

Oh yea, I know, but can't a guy dream.  

And I do hope the rumors are true and it launches this holiday season for $399.  I think that would give the PS4 a really nice holiday.

RJ_Sizzle said:
thismeintiel said:

when sony will sell the original ps4 alongside neo for a cheaper price, they don't have to do a clearance sale, because they don't have to clear stock
i agree. they won't drop the price before the ps4 neo will hit. and the pricedrop will be moderate. $50 bucks probably

thismeintiel said:

Oh yea, I know, but can't a guy dream.  

And I do hope the rumors are true and it launches this holiday season for $399.  I think that would give the PS4 a really nice holiday.

Sony did exactly the same last year and the year before and people were questioning why they aren't responding, meanwhile they were (as they are now) offering incredible deals in Europe and increasing their market share there. I said right at the beginning of the generation that Sony know they have Japan in the bag (as far the PS4vXB1 goes) and their next stop will be Europe. Here we are years later and they have more than 70% of the market there and will be targetting 80%. They take the opportunity every time MS concentrate on the US.

The PS5 Exists. 

All 3DS versions still sold out... Seriously, you would think that Amazon might consider restocking, but they are probably cautious of being left with hardware, following NX release.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I could totally see the 3DS being the best-selling console in August. Amazon has it placing very high in most of Europe, and completely sold out in UK/US, so it itself is doing well. Currently selling more than the PS4 in Japan. Xbox price cut will hurt PS4 sales in the rest of the world.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.