By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When Micro Transactions Attack and you are weak. *My cruel story* / Share yours so i feel less stupid. Plz?

I have...

Never gave a cent for ext... 40 54.79%

Just a few quid here and ... 21 28.77%

^ But it has built up to ... 3 4.11%

I have a problem. All my ... 1 1.37%

Me? I'm a CS:GO gambler, bitchez. MLG. 5 6.85%

^ and I loose thousands when I gamble. 0 0%

Results/comments/indiffer... 3 4.11%

Total:73

Honestly you don't need any money in The Crew. The races are super easy and you get free upgrades by doing the challenges.
Maybe if you're doing competitive racing, but you should finish the story first.

Around the Network
Conina said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Eh? I knew she was dlc for Playstation all stars battle royale but I didn't see her in Everybodys Golf, gotta check that out, love EG and love Kat!

o.o' ... Yes

She is pretty mean to those balls though!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Sorry, I can't help ya. The most I spent on a mobile game is a dollar.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I've only bought story related dlc in my life, the one time I bought something that wasn't that, was when I bought 20$ worth of Hearthstone packs.

I don't think I've ever fallen prey to impulse microtransactions. I usually only buy well-reviewed DLC and then usually on sale.

The only questionable DLC I can remember buying would be the weapons/costume packs for Fallout New Vegas and Saint's Row 4 but that was because they were ridiculously cheap during a Steam sale.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Sounds painful John, I really hate seeing microtransactions appearing in actual full titles like Forza, Gran Turismo and the Crew but when it comes to free titles like League of Legends and Pokemon Go especially those which do not feature advertising in the free game I completely understand why they exist, having enjoyed so much of Pokemon Go meant I wasn't in the least bit hesitant to fork over €5 for some Pokemon Coins to make the experience I was enjoying a better one by buying more bagspace for items, now after lots of Gym wins I have earned even more coins and can fund my bagspace habits without handing over more real world cash.

One question though about your game, if you have PSN+ or even without it can't you just move your save file over to a usb stick so you could revert back to a old save? or is all your info saved server side... I guess it must be if you have real world money credits... damn

Yup. Ubi hold the save files, well the profiles at least. Also, agreed free titles are where the MT's should be and once you pay for a game or get a supscription there should be nothing but vanity items but once MT's are used like credits all dlc should be free(Just leave them in the store and don't mix them with in game credits like in the crew, basically don't advertise them, imo) as with GTA5 and the shark cards. Ubi are too greedy implementing these into AAA.

Aye Forza has the same thing, when you go to buy a car in 4 you get the option if you want to buy it with in game money or if you wanna use your credit card instead, would love an option to just fully disable that... since ya know already shelling out €60 for a game I'd like to not be offered a chance to spend more  each time I buy a car.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Sorry, I can't hear your lost 10 bucks over my hundreds of Hearthstone card packs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sounds like they got you by the balls.

So far, I have managed to avoid all micro-transactions and DLC. Then again, I tend to avoid games that have that crap in the first place.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

spent 6 bucks on pokemon rumble world

it was worth it. the micro transaction didn't rip me off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.