By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo suffers 90% drop in third-party support

90% of 3rd party games are shitty anyway, soooo.... =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

I've heard that this is only the 3rd parties' fault.

OdinHades said:
90% of 3rd party games are shitty anyway, soooo.... =P

and what if the rest 10% of 3rd party games (the good ones) aren't on WiiU....:)

The Wii is an outlier.

The wii had a ton of shovelware in its library. The drop isn't as bad as one thinks if you consider that most of the support was garbage party games thrown in to capitalise during the wii craze.

Around the Network

Welcome to 2011? I guess some are pretty slow.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

And this surprises who?

FunFan said:
Misleading article. Consoles saw a drop in support but the article says nothing about handhelds. Since everything unofficial is pointing out for NX to be mainly a handheld I think those numbers might be just as if not more important. They may be worse too, at least when comparing 3ds to the Gameboy line.

I'm not so sure. The 3DS hasn't had much in the way of third party support for the past few years, at least from Western developers.  I can't actually think of any notable/higher profile Western developed 3DS titles for 2016... it's not even getting annual FIFA updates reskins.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

interesting that GC had almost the double relation of thirdy-party games per sales than other consoles...

I hope NX solves this. (Like everyone is saying) I want Nintendo to be taken serious again. It needs 3rd party support big time.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron