By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea Accuse the United States for Declaring War

Is North Korea referring to itself as a superpower?

Because lol

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Ljink96 said:
Just blow the buggers up. They're small talk. We've got leagues of technology ahead of them, just end them. And I HATE war. But when you are a terrible and heinous leader with a big mouth and small balls, you deserve whatever you've got coming.

They just want attention.... and maybe more finacial aid.

Send them some aid and help them feed the starveing, and you d be hearing them sing the US in praise instead.

I don't even think that would help. They are cray cray over there. They feed live people to dogs, you can't mention anything to anyone, it's just depressing. If you ask a N. Korean about a building that's being built, they'll respond to you : "What Building?" true story. It's corrupt over there. If we gave them help they'd probably see it as some sort of unnecessary charity or a nuclear turkey sandwich and try to send a missile made of vinegar and baking soda over here.

I mean, we could try that but I'm afraid of how they would react to it. They...I mean Kim, is very stubborn.

OdinHades said:
SpokenTruth said:

Those million soldiers would stop fighting within a week.  They don't have the funds, nor food, nor supply chain to maintain a fight.  Again, it's all puppet theater for their own citizens.  Read up on it.   They have established a system in which the populace believes the Kim family is divinely born and has the ultimate power on earth.  The government keeps up this front by controlling all information into the country and putting on military displays.

It's all bark with no bite.  The people don't know that. 

http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/09/20-things-i-learned-while-i-was-in.html

Yeah, we all know how easily the US invaded Vietnam, don't we?

Don't get me wrong, I know the army of NK is horribly outdated and doesn't stand a chance on paper against the US. But you can never know how exactly a full-fledged war will turnout. Let alone who will join which side when it comes to that. China has been pissed against NK lately, but no one can say for sure they won't support them when the US tries to invade them. China has no interest in a united western oriented Korea that has a border right to them. 

All I wanna say is be careful with war. Don't overestimate yourself and never underestimate your enemy. Even Sun Tzu knew that. =P

Well the problem with Vietnam was we never actually tried to invade and unify the area, merely form a lije ad-nauseum.  Of course, after Korea the NV knew just how obsessive we were about that doctrine.  Shoot, we fired McArthur over it.  So they could just hurl their forces at the line endlessly, constantly depleting their reserves in defeats and Pyrrhic victories until we got tired of it and left.  If NK stormed SK, it would be very different.  For one, China would almost certainly not step in, it would ruin their standing among nations.  Second, we are not so OCD over the "containment" doctrine and SK is als very, very well equipped and well prepared to strike down NK if necessary.  Also, the tech gap between NK and SK/US is far greater than the tech gap between NV and SV/US.  And we have a ton of practice in fighting in Korea, while with Vietnam we went in with pretty limited knowledge.  Basically, apples and oranges.  The greatest challenge would be breaking the people of NK free of the delusions the NK government has fed them on.

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:

And kill millions of people in the process, not to mention pissing of China and also any other civilized nation on earth?

They did a pretty good job blowing up Iraq and no one seemed to give a shit then. Why would this be so different?

Al Queda cared very deeply...but you have a point. The difference this time around is China is supposedly backing N. Korea. But I just did some research and it has proved otherwise. North Korea is very unstable and China supposedly doesn't want to ally behind unstable nations. At least from what I've read, the relationship between China and the People's Republic of Korea is weakening.

Teeqoz said:
Ljink96 said:

Of course that's an obstacle you have to consider. And it sucks but it's been done before to end terror and if terrorists continue to exact terror on other countries, they must be silenced. They obviously aren't willing to do it peacefully via parliment or any type of deal so the only other options we have are fight back or let them kill innocent people. It only takes a few good men to do nothing, for evil to prosper.

The only way to stop North Korea from killing innocent people is to kill millions of innocent people. I see now.

If the US knew NK was going to attack a US settlement or group. They would certainly do whatever they had to do to prevent it from happening. People place higher value on their own interests. The ends justify the means is the reality of the position in most conflict.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Just blow the buggers up. They're small talk. We've got leagues of technology ahead of them, just end them. And I HATE war. But when you are a terrible and heinous leader with a big mouth and small balls, you deserve whatever you've got coming.

That doesn't mean you can just bomb a country with the ability to lash out to its neighbours with nuclear weapons.

Is its that time of the month again Kim? XD

outlawauron said:
Teeqoz said:

The only way to stop North Korea from killing innocent people is to kill millions of innocent people. I see now.

If the US knew NK was going to attack a US settlement or group. They would certainly do whatever they had to do to prevent it from happening. People place higher value on their own interests. The ends justify the means is the reality of the position in most conflict.

That's not the case though. And here's what he said first:

"Just blow the buggers up. They're small talk. We've got leagues of technology ahead of them, just end them. And I HATE war."

And that would lead to massive civilian casualties, not just on NK's side. If NA believed they could just blow NK up with no consequences, they would have done so already. Even though NK's missile failure rate is ridiculously high, they have enough missilies that many are bound to hit a target no doubt loaded with civilians.

WolfpackN64 said:
Ljink96 said:

That doesn't mean you can just bomb a country with the ability to lash out to its neighbours with nuclear weapons.

Please read my previous posts. That's not really what I propose as that's simply insane. If it comes down to a war then we're going to have to lash out something, no it doesn't have to be nuclear weapons but it has to be something. What I should have said is blow them off, unless they throw the first punch. Blowing them up was out of frustration, forgive me.

Ljink96 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Please read my previous posts. That's not really what I propose as that's simply insane. If it comes down to a war then we're going to have to lash out something, no it doesn't have to be nuclear weapons but it has to be something. What I should have said is blow them off, unless they throw the first punch. Blowing them up was out of frustration, forgive me.

Ah, I'm sorry. Well, NK does this kind of thing every once in a while so that they sound tough to their people. But the KLA's top brass isn't dumb, they won't attack the US ever.