By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Whats The Protocol If Nintendo Goes With The Tegra X1 Chip?

NX is supposed to be two systems, according to the Fusion concept. If the handheld device uses Tegra and the home console a PS4-like setup, I would be perfectly OK with that.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
alternine said:

That is completely baffling how they keep using outdated tech in their consoles but still manage to break the bank in profits. Goes to show how much games matter when everything is said and done.

Oh, you mean money? Nah all this is only for love and candy lol

What shows that games matters is the quality of these, and in this case they have already proven over and over again that games matter, I know you are one of those that thinks impressive graphics make an average game good, but that's not how things work.

I never said impressive graphics make a game good. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Goodnightmoon said:

I would be very surprised if they end up using Tegra X2, because it doesn't make sense, is too expensive and consume too much battery, I know some people is so damn simple that thinks all that matters in console is power, but is not, the console cannot have 1.5h of batery, cost 500$ and overheat a lot, if they have managed to include a tegra X2 without those problems then that would be epic, but is very unlikely.

The Shield TV launched at $200 a year ago with the latest Tegra Chip. The original Shield tablet came out for about $300.

I don't think it's out of the question to get a Tegra X2 device on the market for less than $300

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Goodnightmoon said:

I would be very surprised if they end up using Tegra X2, because it doesn't make sense, is too expensive and consume too much battery, I know some people is so damn simple that thinks all that matters in console is power, but is not, the console cannot have 1.5h of batery, cost 500$ and overheat a lot, if they have managed to include a tegra X2 without those problems then that would be epic, but is very unlikely.`

That's not how it works. 

A Tegra X2 likely consumes considerably less electricity per watt than a Tegra X1. If there was no difference between the Tegra X1 and X2 other than the X2 being on the newer 16nm process, that would in itself pretty much assure lower power consumption for the X2. Architectural improvements will push that even further. 

A Tegra X1 will run hotter than an X2 at the same power envelope. Obviously Nintendo won't put a full Tegra X2 into the NX, but a scaled down version at even 1/8th the spec would likely outperform the X1 at probably 1/2 the power consumption. 

In laymans terms: Tegra X2 asked to operate in the same performance ballpark will have much better battery life than a Tegra X1 almost assuredly. 

Since Nvidia doesn't have a lot of vendors for the Tegra chips, Nintendo likely scored whatever they wanted for very cheap too. 

Abandon the boat before it syncs (the boat is Nintendo).

Around the Network
Uabit said:

Nintendo will likely make a lot more money in the next five years than the last five years. 

Besides 5 consoles trying to all basically do the same shit (PS4, PS4 Neo, XB1, XB Scorpio, NX) is ridiculous. 

Uabit said:

No need to abandon the boat.  With so few people boarding the boat, it won't sink any lower than it is.

It is near the end of the end....

RolStoppable said:
All that I know for sure is that NX will be powerful enough to run Nintendo games while neither the PS Neo or Xbox One Scorpio will be able to.

Dont be so sure of that. Michael Pachter, a well known analyst predicts Nintendo will go third party. That guy is almost never wrong. 

Landguy said:
Uabit said:

No need to abandon the boat.  With so few people boarding the boat, it won't sink any lower than it is.

Sad but true

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Landguy said:
Uabit said:

70+ million is a few?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.