By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should get a Nintendo NX Day One!

Are you buying day one?

Yes 111 29.84%

No 141 37.90%

Maybe - Need to see full details. 99 26.61%

See Results 21 5.65%

Total:372

X2 hasn't been put into mass production as far as i know, and it would make this HH over $299.

Around the Network

Why? Because you have no idea what it is and that's the way the industry wants you make your purchases!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I'll have to see what it is first, and more importantly whether Zelda is a significantly better experience on NX.
For now NX is a bit like XBox One at launch for me. I was not interested in Kinect, didn't feel like paying for a mandatory extra that was also blamed for lagging behind in specs. With NX I'm not interested in any handheld functionality, so it remains to be seen how that impacts the price, specs and games.
I would like to be able to easily connect it to different screens so hopefully either the battery life is excellent and all you need is a hdmi cable or the base unit will be painless to move.
No BC also means no simple replacement as with the WiiU.

Day 1 is very unlikely at this point.

NX should be $250 and should get GTA V day one to make me buy it. The portability and power sound great, but as a console its weak, so I want to buy it to play Zelda and GTA V on a handheld.

Bayonetta 2 would make it even better, as I don't have a Wii U and haven't played it a lot. I enjoyed the first one.

AlfredoTurkey said:

I've had every Nintendo console and they've never disappointed me. No matter how many times I see their stuff and go "NOOOO"... whatever it is, turns out fun when I actually try it so I'm just blindly trusting it this time. After 30 years, I think they've earned it from me.

I feel the same!

The only one I missed out on was the SNES! Went the Sega way instead!

Around the Network

I´d buy day 1 if they made a unit without the mobility focus.
A nintendo branded version of this:

$199,00 with a pro controller.

If it´s a hybrid as the rumors claim I couldn´t be more out.

I'm one of the rare who's actually going to dive in day 1. I'm hoping for the best.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

i love your threads, they always give me hope....

Nah I'm gonna wait until the holidays, however I would be extremely tempted if it launched at $200 with games like Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing, Zelda BotW, Mario Strikers, etc.

Superchunk back with another prediction!

Personally I wouldn't buy it. I can see it having a lot of Nintendo games the first 2 years because Nintendo has cut all Wii U support the last while in favour of NX. But then it will be back to the regular rate Nintendo releases games for the rest of the gen.

It's not for me, at least not day/year one.