By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Eurogamer is right, How many NXs will sell?

How many NXs will sell WW Lifetime?

0 to 10 Million 84 14.53%

10.1 - 20 Million 82 14.19%

20.1 - 30 Million 108 18.69%

30.1 - 50 Million 123 21.28%

50.1 - 75 Million 83 14.36%

75 Million + !!!! = Nintendomination 98 16.96%

Total:578
Louie said:
bananaking21 said:

those systems are from a different time in the market. move on. thats the problem Nintendo is having, they cant move on and dont understand the market. they are out of touch.

i am not making stuff up, the casual crowd consists of dozens of millions, as well as the core gaming market. citing that smash bros sold well across two systems does not indicate that "nintendo has the core". because it obviously doesnt. look at software sales for WiiU and compare them to the PS4, and tell me if nintendo has the core. they dont. what nintendo has is its fanbase. one that is shrinking with time. 

you pointing out pokemon go just proves my point. 75 million people on iOS and andriod downloaded pokemon go. thats what nintendo and its handhelds are competing with. and no, if they are interested in the software, they arent interested in the hardware. the fact that those 75 million eclipse 3DS total hardware sales by roughly 50% shows that. 

you are deluding yourself if you think hardware was never a major player in gaming, and that its all about the software. price, ease of use, accessibility, hardware capabilities all play a part.

I don't feel like arguing anymore, just giving a general statement about casuals, Nintendo being out of touch, predicting future sales based on current sales: 

Please people, before making up totally random stuff, go out and read stuff that teach you about the subject: Stuff like "The Innovator's Dilemma", "The Innovator's Solution", "Crossing the Chasm", "Blue Ocean Strategy", "From Zero to One", "Lead and Disrupt"... get acquainted with market tiers, types of consumers, the business model canvas, regression analysis (to judge whether a claim has any statistic basis), and so on. 

It is absolutely pointless to argue with each other when you have no factual basis to base your predictions on. 

or you could stop acting like a know it all, get off your high horse and actually conervse with us lowly peasants. 

what factual data are you basing your predictions on? or just because you read a few books your knowledge far exceeds what we can comprehend? 

what blue ocean strategy is this hybrid taking? what demographic is this console targeting? what need in the market is the NX filling? 

the blue ocean argument here is redundant, as being mobile is pitting it up against the most fierce and unpredictable (gaming software wise) market out there. one that is dominated by two behemoths that are iOS and andriod, a market where mircosoft, palm, HP, and samsung (bada OS) tried to compete with and failed. and yes, the NX, unlike smartphones is a dedicated gaming machine. but smartphones and tablets have proved to directly compete and actually eat away drastically at the handheld market that it simply cant be ignored. and then the home console segment or "core market" is already accupied by PS, PC and Xbox. a segment of the market where consumer retention proved to be very high, specially with Playstation and PC, largerly due to the obscene amount of third party software these machines get, something that Nintendo isnt getting. 

i will repeat what i said earlier in this thread. Nintendo are making the same mistake they did with the WiiU, trying to appease to the cusuals and hardcore with one device, which will result in them not appeasing to any. it will be an expensive handheld, with low battery and clunky mobility, which will result in it being a bad handheld. and as a console it will have lower power to what a 2017 console should have, and limited functionality due to not being a dedicated home console. all this talk about how knowledgable you are when it comes to business and the market, and yet you cant seem to understand that having a clear and specific target audience for a product, any product that is, is key and one of the most basic principles in business. but hey, what do i know, i didnt read From Zero to One. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Louie said:

I don't feel like arguing anymore, just giving a general statement about casuals, Nintendo being out of touch, predicting future sales based on current sales: 

Please people, before making up totally random stuff, go out and read stuff that teach you about the subject: Stuff like "The Innovator's Dilemma", "The Innovator's Solution", "Crossing the Chasm", "Blue Ocean Strategy", "From Zero to One", "Lead and Disrupt"... get acquainted with market tiers, types of consumers, the business model canvas, regression analysis (to judge whether a claim has any statistic basis), and so on. 

It is absolutely pointless to argue with each other when you have no factual basis to base your predictions on. 

or you could stop acting like a know it all, get off your high horse and actually conervse with us lowly peasants. 

what factual data are you basing your predictions on? or just because you read a few books your knowledge far exceeds what we can comprehend? 

what blue ocean strategy is this hybrid taking? what demographic is this console targeting? what need in the market is the NX filling? 

the blue ocean argument here is redundant, as being mobile is pitting it up against the most fierce and unpredictable (gaming software wise) market out there. one that is dominated by two behemoths that are iOS and andriod, a market where mircosoft, palm, HP, and samsung (bada OS) tried to compete with and failed. and yes, the NX, unlike smartphones is a dedicated gaming machine. but smartphones and tablets have proved to directly compete and actually eat away drastically at the handheld market that it simply cant be ignored. and then the home console segment or "core market" is already accupied by PS, PC and Xbox. a segment of the market where consumer retention proved to be very high, specially with Playstation and PC, largerly due to the obscene amount of third party software these machines get, something that Nintendo isnt getting. 

i will repeat what i said earlier in this thread. Nintendo are making the same mistake they did with the WiiU, trying to appease to the cusuals and hardcore with one device, which will result in them not appeasing to any. it will be an expensive handheld, with low battery and clunky mobility, which will result in it being a bad handheld. and as a console it will have lower power to what a 2017 console should have, and limited functionality due to not being a dedicated home console. all this talk about how knowledgable you are when it comes to business and the market, and yet you cant seem to understand that having a clear and specific target audience for a product, any product that is, is key and one of the most basic principles in business. but hey, what do i know, i didnt read From Zero to One. 

The smart thing to do is to not pit yourself against mobile in the first place. 

NX should run Android apps, so you can have all the benefits of a tablet with it, Candy Crush, Pokmeon Go, Mobile Strike, Facebook, Snapchat, Minecraft should all be on it. 

Nintendo shouldn't try to compete against mobile, they should use mobile. 

It makes sense too since Nintendo is making their own mobile games, those should be playable on the NX too. I think that Nikkei report on Nintendo using Android was basically correct, it'll be a forked/customized version of it though. Nikkei is pretty much always correct. 

A 16GB iPad Mini is $400. There definitely are kids/parents that would be interested in a $250-$300 device that can do most everything an iPad can plus play Nintendo game and full console games anywhere, anytime, even with multiple players and play on the TV too. 

I do think the idea of two break apart controllers has potential too, it could bring back a lot of that feel of arcade games where people would gather around one machine and play together. No handheld has really ever done anything like that. 

bananaking21 said:
Louie said:

Not saying you are wrong or anything but obviously you know nothing about the bolded.