By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Top Five Hack and Slash Games - Results are in! Detailed results inside

Nem said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Hack and slash games need not be like Devil May Cry, that's just one hack and slash game.

I disagree. This was a genre made by devil may cry. Musou games are their own thing.

That lack of categorization is what leads us to the ridiculous action-adventure genre wich can encompass virtually anything.

I would think God Of War, made the genre, more than DMC.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Nem said:

I disagree. This was a genre made by devil may cry. Musou games are their own thing.

That lack of categorization is what leads us to the ridiculous action-adventure genre wich can encompass virtually anything.

I would think God Of War, made the genre, more than DMC.

God of war came after devil may cry. That was the first game in the genre as far as i know.

1. Diablo 2
2. God of war 3
3. God of war 2
4. Bayonetta 2
5. Darksiders 2

1. God of War 3
2. Devil may Cry 3
3. God of war 2
4. Devil May Cry 4
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Nem said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Hack and slash games need not be like Devil May Cry, that's just one hack and slash game.

Wolfenstein 3D made the FPS genre. Far Cry plays nothing like it, yet its an FPS game.

A game can start a genre, but other games can expand the genre into new territory, they need not be based on where things started, and Dynasty Warriors plays like what a hack and slash game would play.

Around the Network

1 - 50 - God of war 3
2 - 40 - God of war 2
3 - 30 - God of war 1
4 - 20 - God of war ascension
5 - 10 - God of War: Ghost of Sparta

apparently i dont' play this genre much outside of god of war.

i didnt like what i played of bayonetta. mad world was trash. heavenly sword was okay but not getting my vote. i'd vote for demon's souls/dark souls/bloodborne but i don't think they are hack and slash. going down the list i haven't played anything else on it.

kitler53 said:
1 - 50 - God of war 3
2 - 40 - God of war 2
3 - 30 - God of war 1

i didnt like what i played of bayonetta. mad world was trash. heavenly sword was okay but not getting my vote. i'd vote for demon's souls/dark souls/bloodborne but i don't think they are hack and slash. going down the list i haven't played anything else on it.

That's good, as you've played the best hack and slash franchise xD

But you should try out Metal Gear Rising, as its very different from the rest and entertaining.

GOWTLOZ said:
kitler53 said:
1 - 50 - God of war 3
2 - 40 - God of war 2
3 - 30 - God of war 1

But you should try out Metal Gear Rising, as its very different from the rest and entertaining.

i meant to but never got to it.  now it is last gen and dead to me.

kitler53 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Have you tried Devil May Cry?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
kitler53 said:

Have you tried Devil May Cry?

nope.

but on second review i did play dante's inferno.  that one was pretty good.