By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Top Five Hack and Slash Games - Results are in! Detailed results inside

1) DMC: Devil May Cry (PC)
2) Devil May Cry (PS2)
3) God of War (PS2)
4) God of War 3 (PS3)
5) Bayonnetta 2 (Wii U)

I had the hardest time ordering that list (and leaving out Bayonnetta 1, Devil May Cry 3 and God of War 2)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
3) Devil May Cry (PS1)
2) God of War (PS2)
4) God of War 3 (PS3)
5) Bayonnetta 2 (Wii U)

I had the hardest time ordering that list (and leaving out Bayonnetta 1, Devil May Cry 3 and God of War 2)

I know right, so many quality games in the genre. I had a hard time choosing between God of War 2 and Ghost of Sparta for second and third positions, and MGR, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Devil May Cry 3 for the fifth position.

Also, you sure about your second favourite pick? Devil may cry was not on PS1, it was released on PS2. Maybe you're confusing it with some other game on PS1.

John2290 said:
Wait, does shadow warrior count? I mean Dmc has guns? Should shadow warrior count? If so then I put that at number one.

Shadow Warrior has a lot more focus on shooting and plays more like an FPS, so no.

GOWTLOZ said:
Azuren said:

Do ARPG Hack and Slash (like Kingdom Hearts) count?

Yes.

1. Demon's Souls 

2. Bloodborne

3. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

4. Dark Souls III 

5. Drakengard 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Mystro-Sama said:
This reminds me that that I still haven't played Bayonetta 2. I need to get on that after Witcher 3.

It's not terribly long - go play it now!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
TruckOSaurus said:
3) Devil May Cry (PS1)
2) God of War (PS2)
4) God of War 3 (PS3)
5) Bayonnetta 2 (Wii U)

I know right, so many quality games in the genre. I had a hard time choosing between God of War 2 and Ghost of Sparta for second and third positions, and MGR, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Devil May Cry 3 for the fifth position.

Also, you sure about your second favourite pick? Devil may cry was not on PS1, it was released on PS2. Maybe you're confusing it with some other game on PS1.

Nope, I just misremembered the system it got released on. I'll correct it now.

Signature goes here!

Oh man... i still have to beat Bayonetta 2 so my voting isn't as good as it could be. I also don't like to consider musou games hack and slash, the same way Devil may cry defined them but oh well.

1. Ninja gaiden 2
2. Devil may cry 4
3. God of war ascencion
4. Metal gear rising
5. Dmc

naruball said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

1. Heavenly Sword
2. Darksiders 1
3. God Of War 2
4. Dante's Inferno
5. Lollipop Chainsaw

Genuinely surprised HS didn't make most people's top 5. It was an excellent game. I loved every single thing about it, but especially Anna Torv voicing Nariko.

Yeah, it's still in my top 5 PS3 games. Everything about it was done so well, even the use of the Sixaxis movement. That's about the only game that i played, that i liked the Sixaxis motion on.

Nem said:

Oh man... i still have to beat Bayonetta 2 so my voting isn't as good as it could be. I also don't like to consider musou games hack and slash, the same way Devil may cry defined them but oh well.

1. Ninja gaiden 2
2. Devil may cry 4
3. God of war ascencion
4. Metal gear rising
5. Dmc

Hack and slash games need not be like Devil May Cry, that's just one hack and slash game.

GOWTLOZ said:
Nem said:

1. Ninja gaiden 2
2. Devil may cry 4
3. God of war ascencion
4. Metal gear rising
5. Dmc

Hack and slash games need not be like Devil May Cry, that's just one hack and slash game.

I disagree. This was a genre made by devil may cry. Musou games are their own thing.

That lack of categorization is what leads us to the ridiculous action-adventure genre wich can encompass virtually anything.