By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Top Five Hack and Slash Games - Results are in! Detailed results inside

GOWTLOZ said:
MTZehvor said:

...did you miss the part where I said it was a joke?

Anyway, as for proof that people haven't played much in the genre outside of the God of War series, just go read some of the comments in the thread for yourself, such as Kitler 53's:

"apparently i dont' play this genre much outside of god of war."

I never said anything about God of War being bad, or that people who choose it are in any way wrong, or anything besides a joke suggestion that not a lot of people have played the genre outside of the God of War series. Honestly, if a unserious questioning of how much of the genre people have played, complete with a tongue emoticon at the end, seems "condescending" to you, then it might seriously be time to question how thin your skin is.

You know that joke wasn't in a good taste and it wasn't funny.

Kitler also said that he had played Bayonetta and Heavenly Sword, but he only liked God of War . And he's just one person. You look at various people voting here, and more often than not they have God of War 3 at first position followed by games from other franchises and other God of War games. Obviously they like God of War more despite having played a variety of games in the genre.

My reply was a little bit rude and I'm sorry for that.

Welp, if you truly think it was in poor taste, my apologies. I personally thought it was humorous, but comedy is certainly subjective. I'm not trying to upset anyone, nor am I trying to start an argument, or even advocate the position that all or most people who like GoW more haven't played any other series.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
GOWTLOZ said:

You know that joke wasn't in a good taste and it wasn't funny.

Kitler also said that he had played Bayonetta and Heavenly Sword, but he only liked God of War . And he's just one person. You look at various people voting here, and more often than not they have God of War 3 at first position followed by games from other franchises and other God of War games. Obviously they like God of War more despite having played a variety of games in the genre.

My reply was a little bit rude and I'm sorry for that.

Welp, if you truly think it was in poor taste, my apologies. I personally thought it was humorous, but comedy is certainly subjective. I'm not trying to upset anyone, nor am I trying to start an argument, or even advocate the position that all or most people who like GoW more haven't played any other series.

Its all good now, but from now on please don't question other's opinions in a thread that is asking for their opinions :)

I'd like to add that should the Diablo games actually fall into hack and slash, they'd be a the top of the list but I've never considered them to be in the same genre as GoW and DMC.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I'd like to add that should the Diablo games actually fall into hack and slash, they'd be a the top of the list but I've never considered them to be in the same genre as GoW and DMC.

Neither do I, but many people do so I let them be. Even gaming websites often refer to them as hack and slash games.

TruckOSaurus said:

They're closer to dungeon-crawler or top-down MMO right?  I've never played Diablo but it sounds like those two.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
TruckOSaurus said:

They're closer to dungeon-crawler or top-down MMO right?  I've never played Diablo but it sounds like those two.

Yeah Dungeon Crawler is what I'd label them as personnaly.

Signature goes here!

GOWTLOZ said:
MTZehvor said:

Its all good now, but from now on please don't question other's opinions in a thread that is asking for their opinions :)

Eh, I disagree with that notion. Part of any opinion thread is certainly simply asking for opinions, but another important (and arguably the most important) part of any opinion thread is debating opinions and figuring out why people enjoy what they do. If someone has, for instance, their entire list filled with games from one particular series, it's certainly valid to ask why that's the case. There's certainly a level of respect that should be shown, as I think just about everyone on this thread has displayed, but simply questioning someone's opinion is entirely worthwhile, and, more importantly, helps foster intelligent discussion, which ideally should be why we're all here in the first place.

GOW, you could combine Ninja Gaiden, Black, and Sigma. They're all fundamentally the same game. Totally up to you though! Your thread, your rules :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
GOW, you could combine Ninja Gaiden, Black, and Sigma. They're all fundamentally the same game. Totally up to you though! Your thread, your rules :)

Done. Thanks!

Voting is about to end. Those who haven't voted, vote now!