By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Political correctness has gone too far. (LGBT) people now holding langauge hostage?

RolStoppable said:
Is something wrong with the Irish water?

That's a genuine question.

Someone spiked it. But not with alcohol.

Around the Network

Lgbtq is not a minority, we all wanna think 10℅ of the world is part of that..... That's what? 700 million people? How is that a minority, and those are ppl who actually identify as gay

mM
CGI-Quality said:
DonFerrari said:
It's quite simple actually. PC speakers either fail to see or just want to force something. The real harm isn't on the word itself but on the intention.

Calling a friend nigger is a lot less damaging than calling your coworker African descendant but comparing to the poor development of the place.

This word has offended people in the community. I advise using "the N-word" instead.

When I say "N-word" I'm thinking N-word and made you think N-word but that's OK because I didn't say the N-word.

Pretty much all this shit reads straight from the alt-right checklist. Now my head hurts.

the-pi-guy said:

Political correctness is really just "Don't be a jerk to people."

That's all it is.  

Apparently saying Merry Christmas to someone is being a jerk.

Around the Network

I was a bit confused reading the post but not everybody in the LGBT community agrees with what others put in place or propose. There's a transgender woman named Blaire White on YouTube who also agrees that those other made up genders are nonsense. She has also been vocal about how people in the trans community should be open minded and can't expect 99% of the population to accommodate a small minority.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

It's not that I'm afraid to speak on this. It's that I didn't understand a word you said, or any point you tried to make.

This. What is this thread even? And wtf does UMV-HD mean? Ultra movie video high definition?

Yes, I think gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans people now come in the new 'Enhanced High Defination' which sounds pretty cool to me.  Just wondering if they are getting an audio upgrade too?  (or do they need one?  Maybe not, they are usually good at singing and stuff.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

SpokenTruth said:
Areaz32 said:

The thing is you can't just project your own opinion onto some scenario as if it is the truth. He is not an asshole just because he uses different words to conversate.

He's an asshole if the words he uses are done so knowing they are derrogatory, denigrating and abusive.

If I call you something you don't like and I know you don't like it, I'm intentionally being an asshole to you.

See this post kids?  This is what we call "Irony".  Say with me, I-RO-NY.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"