By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games With Gold For August 2016

Interesting list of games this month.

Guess I'll play some wrastling.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Warriors Orochi looks good from screenshots. I'm going to have to watch a review. Might be something to look forward to.

Got beyond good and evil ages ago on ps plus. Definitely recommend it. Decent month.

d21lewis said:
Warriors Orochi looks good from screenshots. I'm going to have to watch a review. Might be something to look forward to.

It is my favourite Musou franchise.  Basically Orochimaru (who's name may sounds familiar if you watched Naruto) tries to take over the world and friends/enemies in China/Japan all team up to defeat him with some guest characters from Asian famous gods/tales like Kyubi (nine tailed fox), Kasumi from DOA5 (think Ayana aswell and the Ninja gaiden guy Ryu) Sterkenburch from the ATELIER franchise, Sophitia from Soul Calibur, Joan of Arc from euhm France etc.

fantastic month. Lots of games I probably would not shell out cash for but will definitely play.

Around the Network

two Xbox One games I don't already own. So great month for me. (although I'm not that into both franchises)

Barozi said:
two Xbox One games I don't already own. So great month for me. (although I'm not that into both franchises)

Those are the sort of titles I like to see popping up on GWG and PSN+ though, games you might not have bought otherwise but it's class when you get one and it actually really opens your eyes to a series which you hadn't bought into before.

As for the line up though, 2 full retail X1 games and 2 fantastic titles added to the X360 and BC, really one of the best months in terms of value for your €5 this month that is one ton of great games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Barozi said:

Those are the sort of titles I like to see popping up on GWG and PSN+ though, games you might not have bought otherwise but it's class when you get one and it actually really opens your eyes to a series which you hadn't bought into before.

As for the line up though, 2 full retail X1 games and 2 fantastic titles added to the X360 and BC, really one of the best months in terms of value for your €5 this month that is one ton of great games.

Agreed and bolded part they were already bc.

Ganoncrotch said:
Barozi said:

You pay 5€ a month ?

I kinda agree. You just can't make everyone happy though. Some want their blockbusters (especially those who don't buy a lot of games) and people like me are happy when they simple get games they don't already own (even better when they are full priced games).

Barozi said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You pay 5€ a month ?

I kinda agree. You just can't make everyone happy though. Some want their blockbusters (especially those who don't buy a lot of games) and people like me are happy when they simple get games they don't already own (even better when they are full priced games).

In Ireland Xbox Live is €59 for 12 months or €5 per month a fraction of the retail price of these games here, there is another thing to consider as well say if you happened to already own WWE2k16 this would still have one bonus for you, it would mean a big influx of people into the online games which could be great for owners of the game already getting a huge boost of new players to compete against, could really make a good title into a great one just by others getting it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive