By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the Xbox One dying faster than the 3DS? Is XOne overtracked?

Although it can't beat Sony or Ninty at their best, XBox brand could thrive anyway if managed properly, if it will decline it will be mainly due to MS both taking wrong choices and conscious ones that deliberately sacrifice XBox for Windows sake.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Wasent the x1 down last year or near even? and this year is tracking well below last? I dont think the slim will make this year com out on top due to people waiting for the scorpio. The x1 should not do more than 10m more, people will wait for the anounced upgrade. And its not like the xbox1 will have any exclusives that will make people unable to wait. What we see with the slim will be so short live, s this is the first time a slim model cost more than the original its replacing. Not how slim models are suposed to work,

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

maybe theyre waiting for scorpio?
btw, is scorpio also a xbox one? they will track as a version of xbox one like the new 3ds was a 3ds?

no.
Last month the Slim model has been selling pretty well on amazon, ahead of the PS4 (I think).

jonathanalis said:
maybe theyre waiting for scorpio?
btw, is scorpio also a xbox one? they will track as a version of xbox one like the new 3ds was a 3ds?

X1 was trending down like this well before the one s and scorpio were ever announced. 

Scorpio is supposed to be an X1, but I don't think I'm alone in figuring that to be BS.

Microsoft says the Scorpio doesn't replace the X1. But Xbox has this thing about saying one thing and doing another. If Scorpio sells in such a way that it replaces the X1, so it shall be. If developers don't target X1's specs, but get Scorpios, can we really say they're the same system?

By attempting to say X1 and Scorpio are the same, I think MS is trying prevent people from being spooked that X1 support could end much sooner than everyone expected.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Although it can't beat Sony or Ninty at their best, XBox brand could thrive anyway if managed properly, if it will decline it will be mainly due to MS both taking wrong choices and conscious ones that deliberately sacrifice XBox for Windows sake.

Do tell which Nintendo console outsold the Xbox 360 outside of the Wii. Xbox is perfectly capable to compete with Sony and Nintendo the Xbox 360 proved that. The Xbox 360 has beaten the PS3 and every Nintendo console outside the Wii. The Xone could manage 50 million if Scorpio is successful. With that it also outsells the SNES, N64, GC and the Wii U. So I wouldn't rule MS out when they bring out their best they can compete with the best Sony and Nintendo have to offer.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Do tell which Nintendo console outsold the Xbox 360 outside of the Wii. Xbox is perfectly capable to compete with Sony and Nintendo the Xbox 360 proved that. The Xbox 360 has beaten the PS3 and every Nintendo console outside the Wii. The Xone could manage 50 million if Scorpio is successful. With that it also outsells the SNES, N64, GC and the Wii U. So I wouldn't rule MS out when they bring out their best they can compete with the best Sony and Nintendo have to offer.

To be fair, Nintendo's best is in the handheld market and Sony's best is in the home console market. The Xbox 360 sold a little less than PS3 life-time a little before the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One (360 launched 1 year early). So, as of now, the Xbox Family only out-sold the 3DS's numbers with the 360 and din't out-sold a single Sony's home console,but was close to.

fleischr said:
Swordmasterman said:

People are saying "Xbox One is selling better than all other Xbox consoles". The original Xbox did not sold very well and the Xbox 360 sold better in the end of the life-cicle. This generation is Microsoft's first generation after a successful console, the inicial sales will be higher because of that.

This exactly. Xbox One came in strong, but has lost a lot of gas already right when it should be hitting the accelerator.

Are you guys ignoring Xbox has more significant competition this gen?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JRPGfan said:
no.
Last month the Slim model has been selling pretty well on amazon, ahead of the PS4 (I think).

One S is beating ps4 on amazon....I dont know why people always downplay xbox sales!

Xbrah said:
JRPGfan said:
no.

One S is beating ps4 on amazon....I dont know why people always downplay xbox sales!

Nothing is being downplayed - these are straight facts:

-X1 won NPD a handful of times between 2014 and 2015. It has yet to accomplish that in 2016

-Xbox hardware revenues are down. Price cuts aren't producing comparable or larger sales volumes than before.

-At a global level, X1 is competing at the same level sales-wise as 3DS - an older system we've largely acknowledged as dying out

-Amazon tracks sales trends - but is far from an authoritive source on actual sales.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016