By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo Safe (from being sued successfully)?

Is Nintendo Safe from being successfully sued against a Pokemon Go lawsuit?

Yes 39 54.93%

No 17 23.94%

Maybe 3 4.23%

I don't know 7 9.86%

Your not the boss of me now! 5 7.04%

Total:71
Azuren said:
The games starts every time with "Yo, look up, mother fucker, pay attention and shit."

That's the exact quote.

It is even translated into language that a pokemon loving kid would know... it's literally a person walking into a Gyarados looking down at their phone.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I think there are some genuine things to take into consideration:

1) many countries have a form of child safeguarding policies and laws;

2) logic isn't what always wins in courts. Sometimes it is emotions that win the day especially if a jury gets to decide;

3) it can be argued that warnings aren't sufficient and more should have been done since the game encourages you to explore beyond your home;

4) it can be argued that the app allows you to harass people by attracting Pokemon to their home / business and therfore cause a disturbance;

I personally think it's a good thing Nintendo are distancing themselves from the app as much as they can. It might be partially due to some of the things which have happened and at least now they can say they are not responsible and have pointed it out on several occasions.

1. The game was released in those countries. So shouldn't there be a check system in place. To see if the app abids by these rules, to begin with.

2. You're right. But this doesn't really have anything going for it. Most, if not all the problems are caused by the person themselves. Or lack of supervision/teaching, by parents.

3. Should their be an unskippable police warning, at the start of the game loading?

4. A person's doing that. Not the creator. Telemarketers still exsist. And they should be banned. How would this be fixed? You'd have to remove the function completly.

naruball said:

What do you do for a living? Because it appears to me that you're using common sense and things in court are way more complicated than that. Just because something sounds BS to you, doesn't mean that the legal system will treat it that way.

I didn't say that. The court will treat the matter normally. But once all the complaints are shown as really people doing it to themselves. Or the lack of parental care. How many warnings do people need to be made? Till stupidity finally gets shown. The first thing I ever said about Pokemon Go. When it got announced. "I wonder how many people will go into the street. Or go into bad areas. Because people go into polls with normal texting, a lot.

XanderXT said:

You don't know the full context of that story, do you?

I just read it. Mcdonalds putting the coffe that high, is stupid. Fine them for that. But I'd also fault the people too. Why aren't you putting the coffe on top of your dashboard? If it's curved. I'd just put it on the floor, outside the car. I'd wouldn't want it to spill and ruin something in the car. I'd never put it in my lap. With something that's hot. Regardless if it can burn me, or not.

Did you read the part where the victim was a 74 year old who didn't actually want to win the 2.86 million? Or the part where it caused her to lose quality of life? Or the part where there were similar incidents in the past, and Mcdonalds did nothing?

Slimebeast said:
XanderXT said:

You don't know the full context of that story, do you?

Wot?

Culd u tell plz the hole context.

In the other post.

XanderXT said:
Slimebeast said:

Wot?

Culd u tell plz the hole context.

In the other post.

I'm trying to understand it all, but then you add stuff about 74 year old victims that hate money. Is there a link?

Slimebeast said:
XanderXT said:

In the other post.

I'm trying to understand it all, but then you add stuff about 74 year old victims that hate money. Is there a link?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Read everything.