By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Told You Sony Should Heavily Promote Rise Of The Tombraider

A Playstation magazine counts as heavy promotion? Lol.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Sony would have marketed it more but they were using most of their Corp resources trying to convince the world that Ghostbusters "really" was a good movie and if u did not like it you were a sexist racist uneducated piece of trash
Sony is going to have to sell a lot of PS4 s to make up for the losses on Ghostbusters though

Nymeria said:
Getting an Uncharted and Tomb Raider in the same year is great news. So glad this is finally coming to PS4.

My friend absolutely loves this game, when she played it on PC. She said she had more fun with it than Uncharted, so I have high hopes for this. 

Well, SE were nice enough to give U4 no competition on PS4, nice guy SE.

Seventizz said:
Ljink96 said:
Hell yeah they should. Tomb Raider got it's start on Sony consoles and it was made popular on Sony consoles. It'll sell better on Sony consoles.

No it didn't.  It started on PC and was ported to PS1 & Sega Saturn.  TR2 and 3 were paid exclusives for Sony consoles.

Sony has nothing more than money to do with the franchise.

I knew that...only a month apart from release though as both were released in 96. As a matter of fact the MS DOS, Saturn, and PS1 versions all released at about teh same time frame.

As a whole it became popular on Sony Consoles. Not on Sega Saturn or PC. When I think Tombraider, I think PS. And I'm sure the majority of people who are interested in the series think the same. The first Tomb raider sold better on PS1 than PC...4 times over.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Dunban67 said:
Sony would have marketed it more but they were using most of their Corp resources trying to convince the world that Ghostbusters "really" was a good movie and if u did not like it you were a sexist racist uneducated piece of trash
Sony is going to have to sell a lot of PS4 s to make up for the losses on Ghostbusters though

What does Ghostbusters have to do with Tomb Raider? 🤔

Sony-  Op says Sony should heavily promote Tomb Raider -  Sony heavily promoted among other things Ghostbusters -  resources are finite

They should have spent more effort/resources promoting a good game instead of promoting a bad movie ( as well as insulting a % of existing and prospective customers)

11 months late...jk
I hope the game does well on ps4

Even though I wasn't crazy about the game on XOne I'm almost tempted to double dip on PS4. The extra modes and art book look pretty sweet.

In any event I'm glad PS4 owners get a chance to play it!

jason1637 said:
11 months late...jk
I hope the game does well on ps4

It was supposed to be a year late

Bandorr said:
Seventizz said:

No it didn't.  It started on PC and was ported to PS1 & Sega Saturn.  TR2 and 3 were paid exclusives for Sony consoles.

Sony has nothing more than money to do with the franchise.

Any sources pointing to Sony paying for the console exclusives of TR and TR3?

The only thing I've found is ""Given the worldwide domination of the PlayStation system, it's a natural for Eidos to partner with Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe," said Mike McGarvey, chief operating officer, Eidos Interactive. "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers and the PlayStation and its powerful CD-ROM software format satisfies this demand."

Which is very far from "paid exclusive".

Um, your very own quote says they signed a deal with Sony. How else can one define a moneyhat?

Source

Link, if that source link doesn't work: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+Signs+Exclusive+Deal+with+Eidos...-a019760956 (this is all a quick Google search would bring up, not going to waste time looking for more)

It was a moneyhat deal. It took a franchise that already existed and kept it off other consoles. Same type of deal like Dead Rising 3, which was called a moneyhat. Or Titanfall, which was called a moneyhat. Or Rise of the Tomb Raider, which was called a moneyhat. Or SFV, which was called a moneyhat.

IIRC it wasn't the only exclusive deal Sony signed for Tomb Raider. After the first three or four games I guess the moneyhat deal was done because I remember Game Boy and Dreamcast TR games. But the first game on PS2, they did a deal to make it PS2 exclusive.

So Tomb Raider doing timed/complete exclusive moneyhat deals is nothing new for the franchise. This is just the first time Playstation gamers have been the ones who had to wait.