By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90
Einsam_Delphin said:
Ljink96 said:
No. That's what makes ash, ash. The same way Goku always has someone stronger than him to keep interest. Ash's ultimate goal, besides to catch em all, is to beat a league. If he beats it...then what? :O

His ultimate goal is Pokemon Master. Winning a league =/= Pokemon Master.

Well...okay... the general consensus however is, ash needs something to push him. It's typical Japanese Anime fanfare started most popularly by Dragon Ball in the late 80's. Using Dragon Ball as an example, as other series have definietly done this but this is coming off the top of my head, Jackie Chun (Master Roshie), cheats at the Martial Arts World Tournament so child Goku wouldn't get big headed and not lose his drive. It's up to interpretation as always. And at this point, winning a leage after losing them all the time would be a pretty good goal for me.

Around the Network

Maybe Ash wins...and then its time for a new Jojo.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Shadow8 said:
He would've won the sinnoh one if it weren't for that trainer with the Darkrai and Latios...
but no he won't win, they need to keep his journey going for ever. #Forever10

He's actually 16

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Shadow8 said:
He would've won the sinnoh one if it weren't for that trainer with the Darkrai and Latios...

He's actually 16

So with every Gen he gets 1 year older? That's cool, never really noticed that. Hell, growing up 6 years in 20 of our years ain't that bad for a cartoon xD

Ash actually won the Orange Island League back in Season 2.  While this was not technically a league in the tournament sense it still made him a champion for a short time.

I don't think that there would be any issues for the anime if he won a full-fledged Pokemon league.  He would just get beat by some rival trainer immediately after the awards who is using a new Pokemon from Gen 7 and then that would force the series to go on.

Around the Network

I think so...

I believe he will even beat the Elite 4, but will ultimately lose to Diantha, like Serena lost to Aria, in order to continue his journey on Alola.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

CWegzz said:

From what it seems by the other episode names, it seems like he's going to be battling Alain and then Team Flare is going to interrupt and then no one will win the battle.

"Kalos League Victory" has to mean, well, what it says, that there's a victory at the Kalos League. Team Flare arc just starts immediately afterwards, which is also interesting, usually the League is the last thing.

Ljink96 said:

Well...okay... the general consensus however is, ash needs something to push him. It's typical Japanese Anime fanfare started most popularly by Dragon Ball in the late 80's. Using Dragon Ball as an example, as other series have definietly done this but this is coming off the top of my head, Jackie Chun (Master Roshie), cheats at the Martial Arts World Tournament so child Goku wouldn't get big headed and not lose his drive. It's up to interpretation as always. And at this point, winning a leage after losing them all the time would be a pretty good goal for me.

Well becoming Pokemon Master is that something to push him, aswell as meeting new Pokemon and training new teams and participating in other Leagues.

hershel_layton said:

He's actually 16

Nope the BW series confirmed he's still 10. How can you say he's 16, I mean come on he looks no different from the first season. :L

Illusion said:

Ash actually won the Orange Island League back in Season 2.  While this was not technically a league in the tournament sense it still made him a champion for a short time.

I don't think that there would be any issues for the anime if he won a full-fledged Pokemon league.  He would just get beat by some rival trainer immediately after the awards who is using a new Pokemon from Gen 7 and then that would force the series to go on.

Yeah no one counts that league.

hershel_layton said:
Shadow8 said:

He's actually 16

...wait what? I thought the directors wanted him to be forever 10, despite it completely defying logic. I hear him now in the XY series, he sounds like 12 at oldest. Proof?

nope

Nope, even with Ash's pretty amazing team, he's either gonna lose the most retarded way, or they'll just throw another Tobias 2.0 at him and just destroy Ash with 6 Zygardes or something.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."