By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90

Ash is most likely going to lose.

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Nope, even with Ash's pretty amazing team, he's either gonna lose the most retarded way, or they'll just throw another Tobias 2.0 at him and just destroy Ash with 6 Zygardes or something.

I can't recall Ash having done a single dumb thing during the entirety of XY so he wont lose in that way, and we already know his opponent in the final round is not another Tobias situation but instead Alain who's an established character that Ash has battled already. 

Kotastic said:
hershel_layton said:

He's actually 16

...wait what? I thought the directors wanted him to be forever 10, despite it completely defying logic. I hear him now in the XY series, he sounds like 12 at oldest. Proof?

http://satoshipediaeng.altervista.org/ashs-age-in-each-series/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Ultrashroomz said:
Nope, even with Ash's pretty amazing team, he's either gonna lose the most retarded way, or they'll just throw another Tobias 2.0 at him and just destroy Ash with 6 Zygardes or something.

It'd be funny if his trainer gets another Uber legendary and destroys ash.

I'd love to see Mega Rayquaza destroy him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:

So a fan theory on how old Ash should be, keyword being should, not actually is. Real canonical proof would be episode 1 of the BW series where they blatantly say he's 10 years old still, thus the show clearly does not use real world time logic.

Around the Network

Part of me hopes so, just so that it could lead to something interesting with the anime going forward (and maybe a huge SerenaXAsh moment. Yeah, I ship it!)
But I think they'll make him lose in the dumbest way possible, bonus points if its the Final Match.

Einsam_Delphin said:
hershel_layton said:

So a fan theory on how old Ash should be, keyword being should, not actually is. Real canonical proof would be episode 1 of the BW series where they blatantly say he's 10 years old still, thus the show clearly does not use real world time logic.

Whoops.

You can ignore my previous post then

being in the Kalos League finals is the closest Ash has ever been to a League Championship outside of the Orange Islands. XY/XYZ has redefined what the series can be by going away from the usual formula while providing more crisp animation, especially for the battles. Would it surprise me if he won? From what I've seen throughout this series, no. Though I wouldn't be mad if he lost to Alain due to the fact that Alain's character has already been developed from the Mega Evolution series that was running alongside the main series and, those who know the character, has shown what he's made of. Can't wait to see what happens.

Well, I just took one quick glance at the Wikipedia page for the remaining XYZ episodes.
Go to the link at the risk of spoilers.
You have been warned!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon:_XY_%26_Z_episodes

Son of a Bitch there's really been over 900 episodes of the anime?!?
J-Jesus!