By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider GOTY Edition Coming Oct 11th

Tagged games:

This game is supposedly going to be full-priced. I really hope gamers aren't that stupid and won't support and encourage this kind of practice by picking this game up at that price. A one-year old game, albeit it's "GOTY" edition, should never cost the same price as a new game. Not only that, but not even considering the price, gamers really should not support a company holding out a game on another platform solely because the competing platform constructor paid them to do so.

Yet I fear that this game will sell well on the PS4, and at full price... Oh, well. I'd just better not hear those gamers complain when they see more companies doing this (we already have Dead Rising 4 to look foward to...).

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm not interested at this point on getting it for PS4. I'll pass.

I'll get it, for max $30. I doubt that VR section will be an elaborate difficult puzzle tomb without human enemy interruptions, yet if it is, I'm willing to spend $40.

Alibaba said:

It's not even funny

That's why you are always be number two.

Whoop there it is. SE can do better than this.

I'll buy it when its on sale :O. The game is really easy to find for less then 60, and imo not worth 60 on ps4 :X

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
I was about to say how is it a GOTY edition, as I don't seem to remember it winning many GOTY awards. Though it looks like thats just something the OP added cause in the Ad it says 20 year celebration edition

GOTY just means the game + plus all DLC in one package for a good price. 

Not, literally "Game of the Year". Sure, it makes more sense to go with "Definitive Edition" or "Ultimate Edition"....but you know what "Game of the Year Edition" implies.

Neil Druckmann staying informed to current events lol

heard it was a great game like the reboot will get it this year dont care bout price pretty sure i can get it on black friday for 30 bucks

at least SE can keep there main character relevant after 20 years while ND axed nate

Play Me

Rêveur said:
This game is supposedly going to be full-priced. I really hope gamers aren't that stupid and won't support and encourage this kind of practice by picking this game up at that price. A one-year old game, albeit it's "GOTY" edition, should never cost the same price as a new game. Not only that, but not even considering the price, gamers really should not support a company holding out a game on another platform solely because the competing platform constructor paid them to do so.

Yet I fear that this game will sell well on the PS4, and at full price... Oh, well. I'd just better not hear those gamers complain when they see more companies doing this (we already have Dead Rising 4 to look foward to...).

If gamers didn't support moneyhats, TR would have never gotten big in the first place considering it went the moneyhats route in the PS1 days.

As for the price, feel free to.vote with your wallet, but don't say people are stupid because they see a different value than you do.

One of my friends just beat the game and he said its really good. might buy it later this summer.