By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider GOTY Edition Coming Oct 11th

Tagged games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxo1O-BDwdo

Trailer. And apparently the PS4 exclusive VR stuff is timed and will go to PC if anyone is interested.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

I do enjoy score attack stuff. Are there any survival elements or is it more like CoD zombies?

Yeah you have to collect food and stay warm etc. You can use different cards to make it very challenging and choose different challenges you want to complete. Shooting enemies is only a small part of it. There's also bears etc who want a taste of Lara's delicious ass.

That sounds pretty sweet to be honest. It is DLC though, yes?

Oh how I want it but might have to wait. Too much comming out this fall.

BMaker11 said:

GOTY just means the game + plus all DLC in one package for a good price. 

Not, literally "Game of the Year". Sure, it makes more sense to go with "Definitive Edition" or "Ultimate Edition"....but you know what "Game of the Year Edition" implies.

So you're saying if a Game scores 20% on metacritic but includes all the DLC together as a discount, you have no problem calling it the GOTY edition?

Around the Network

Interesting. But I'd rather just have the base game for $40. I don't have VR and I'm not likely to ever have it, I'm not likely to play Endurance. Not likely to play on extreme survivor mode. And I'm not interested in an art book.

So all the bells and whistles being added to be able to sell the PS4 version at a new release price is doing nothing to convince me to buy at the new release price. I hope they release a bare bones edition some time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GProgrammer said:
BMaker11 said:

Not, literally "Game of the Year". Sure, it makes more sense to go with "Definitive Edition" or "Ultimate Edition"....but you know what "Game of the Year Edition" implies.

So you're saying if a Game scores 20% on metacritic but includes all the DLC together as a discount, you have no problem calling it the GOTY edition?

ROTR has a good metscore and actually did win some GOTY awards. Your example is reaching. In a majority of cases, calling it GOTY Edition makes sense.

LudicrousSpeed said:
GProgrammer said:

ROTR has a good metscore and actually did win some GOTY awards. Your example is reaching. In a majority of cases, calling it GOTY Edition makes sense.

Its not reaching Im just using your criterion.

Also Show me where it won a single overall game of the year, i.e. not Xbox one GOTY or best action adventure GOTY etc.

I don't know perhaps it did win some overall GOTY awards, I see on metacritic it has 86% which is good, but normally overall GOTY winners have 90+

It is a reach. 20% metascore is just silly. We're talking about good games here.

There is a blog site that counts GOTY awards, TR had 4 or 5 IIRC. Witcher of course won the most, of not only 2015 but all time.

GProgrammer said:
BMaker11 said:

Like it or not, it's how things are called.