By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon GO has 2 major bugs and a lot of minor ones - How long to Nintendo/Niantic fix em all?

Just in case your unaware, Pokemon GO came under a hacker attack which temporarily caused a crash, because people were having to much fun. Sever came back up with all sorts of issues and I not sure if all of them are related to attack but nothing has been done about them, and 2 completely ruin the game.

1) Im sure everybody has noticed the Pokemon foot print tracker has been stuck on 3 for all Pokemon regardless of how close they actually are to you. On top of that the order of the "nearby list" is a suppose to show you Pokemon most near to you which helps when you are in situations where multiple Pokemon may have have the same foot print dustance ... like now, but thats busted too. Pokemon show up..or dont, regardless of their placement on the list. Makes the best part about the game currently impossible to do. This has been happening since before the crash.

2) Trying to catch any Pokemon with a CP power above 130ish freezes the game everytime. That really sucks. If you get lucky and find that Charmander you're lookin for, now you gotta hope it has a low CP

Those are the main 2 issues other issues include:

Game has a hard time tracking your location

Stalls in Level ups and distance tracker for eggs. Went from level 8 to 9 and it took the game 30mins to register that. I had met the distance needed to hatch an egg and it didnt happen for like 20mins.

Pokemon GO is too huge to crash and burn in a few days, but these are pretty big road blocks to enjoying the game. Only statements weve heard from Niantic is wanting the game to be out in 200 countries by the end of the month. Came out in Canada and servers crashed immediately.

Around the Network

I haven't experienced your second issue with any regularity at all. In fact, I just got myself a 402 bellsprout on a single standard ball without using razz and it took and went through the full completion.

Also, as ironic as their stock soaring is, Nintendo doesn't really have much to do with the development on the game. Hell, their name doesn't even show up except to claim copyright at the bottom of the about screen or the servers are down screen. Niantic though I am sure is all over it and will have it fixed as quick as they can. Right now this is their big cash cow, they aren't going to leave it idle if they can help it.

Nintendo has no faults on the bugs of the game, all of the development was made by Niantic...

Bug #1 has been a pretty huge issue for me, but I have yet to experience bug #2. Yesterday I managed to catch a 1090 cp Nidoqueen no problem. None of my friends who play the game have experienced that bug as well, so I think it may just be you.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Last night, I was out with friends and they were having very few issues catching Pokemon. Things were going pretty smoothly.

Around the Network

For me the only problem is Bug#1. And the fact that weaknesses don't apply the amount it should(4x or 0x)

if you catch a Pokemon and the game freezes, wait like ten seconds and restart the game, 8 out of 10 times the game will register it as a successful catch, the other 2 times, the Pokemon will reappear in the map.

Looks like issue 2 many be a regional thing. I have not been able to throw Pokeball at anything above a 130ish. Freezes every time. My entire job is playing GO and I had them try to catch a 278 growlithe and it froze on them too, but we all able to catch pidgeys,ekans, zubats from 10 - 110

Xxain said:

Just in case your unaware, Pokemon GO came under a hacker attack which temporarily caused a crash, because people were having to much fun. Sever came back up with all sorts of issues and I not sure if all of them are related to attack but nothing has been done about them, and 2 completely ruin the game.

1) Im sure everybody has noticed the Pokemon foot print tracker has been stuck on 3 for all Pokemon regardless of how close they actually are to you. On top of that the order of the "nearby list" is a suppose to show you Pokemon most near to you which helps when you are in situations where multiple Pokemon may have have the same foot print dustance ... like now, but thats busted too. Pokemon show up..or dont, regardless of their placement on the list. Makes the best part about the game currently impossible to do. This has been happening since before the crash.

2) Trying to catch any Pokemon with a CP power above 130ish freezes the game everytime. That really sucks. If you get lucky and find that Charmander you're lookin for, now you gotta hope it has a low CP

Stalls in Level ups and distance tracker for eggs. Went from level 8 to 9 and it took the game 30mins to register that. I had met the distance needed to hatch an egg and it didnt happen for like 20mins.

Pokemon GO is too huge to crash and burn in a few days, but these are pretty big road blocks to enjoying the game. Only statements weve heard from Niantic is wanting the game to be out in 200 countries by the end of the month. Came out in Canada and servers crashed immediately.

1. Has been like that for me since the beginning. Needs to be fixed but this is hardly game-breaking. That said, it does make hunting for specific Pokémon almost impossible.

2. I'm pretty sure I just caught several Pokémon with more than 130 CP last night without any trouble. That said, I've haid more than enough freezing issues in other cases...

There's a problem with level up notifications though. It notifies of the level up only after you receive experience after already getting the level. And yeah, something similar happens with eggs too. Pretty annoying but not game-breaking.

My biggest issue, aside from the freezes, is how hard it seems to be to hatch the eggs while cycling. I don't like walking because it's slow and boring, but I love cycling. It's somewhat annoying how it doesn't hatch the eggs properly.

If I had to guess, I'd say Niantic is very busy trying to handle the player numbers before being able to properly fix anything else. I don't think anyone expected the game to be this popular.

Pachofilauri said:
For me the only problem is Bug#1. And the fact that weaknesses don't apply the amount it should(4x or 0x)

if you catch a Pokemon and the game freezes, wait like ten seconds and restart the game, 8 out of 10 times the game will register it as a successful catch, the other 2 times, the Pokemon will reappear in the map.

That happened to me only once when catching a Rhydon. Hasnt happened since.

Zkuq said:
Xxain said:

1. Has been like that for me since the beginning. Needs to be fixed but this is hardly game-breaking. That said, it does make hunting for specific Pokémon almost impossible.

2. I'm pretty sure I just caught several Pokémon with more than 130 CP last night without any trouble. That said, I've haid more than enough freezing issues in other cases...

There's a problem with level up notifications though. It notifies of the level up only after you receive experience after already getting the level. And yeah, something similar happens with eggs too. Pretty annoying but not game-breaking.

My biggest issue, aside from the freezes, is how hard it seems to be to hatch the eggs while cycling. I don't like walking because it's slow and boring, but I love cycling. It's somewhat annoying how it doesn't hatch the eggs properly.

If I had to guess, I'd say Niantic is very busy trying to handle the player numbers before being able to properly fix anything else. I don't think anyone expected the game to be this popular.

I listed nothing  as "game breaking". Dont know why you keep using it. Game is entirely playable.