By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

Final-Fan said:
Onimusha12 said:
naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:
Who is going to make the sequel?

Clover is disbanded as a studio. They no longer exist.
I dunno. Who's going to make RE5? Mikami left Capcom with Clover....

Seriously your double-standards became tiresome a long time ago.
Double standards? Oh dear, put the pitch fork down would you?

Resident Evil has been a franchise constantly juggled between directors and development teams. Each game is its own unique addition. Okami is a game that has its own unique art style and feel. If you think Okami is generic enough to be passed from one artistic vision to another without the core elements of the franchise suffering, then by all means make a sequel.

After Devil May Cry 4, I don't really expect much magic from Capcom in the way of forced sequels, at least not in the dawning of this generation where the emphasis seems placed on graphics. And I want RE5 for the Wii out of principle more than desire to play it. I really have no expectations of RE5 ever being anything worthwhile of its franchise.
So you want RE5 on the Wii purely because getting the game would benefit the Wii, and not because you want to play it on the Wii or even think it will be a decent game?  How cynical.  (Or is it out of a wish to spite the other systems?  I'm not sure which "principle" applies.)

Cynical? How is a Wii version spiting the other consoles when it will be on them as well? A Wii version just makes sure everyone will be able to play it. I can't help but smile seeing how hard you all are trying to twist my words here into something negative. I will buy this for the Wii if it comes out for the Wii, but my primary concern is making an attempt to get it on the Wii first. If it doesn't come the Wii and is a must have game like RE4, I'll buy it for PC that way it'll save me the trouble of dumping $400 bucks in a 360 or PS3. You see... If I said I wanted this for the Wii so I can play it you'd cry that I should buy a 360 or PS3. When I say I want this for the Wii because its a title that would work for and benefit the Wii, suddenly I'm a heartless shell of a gamer who is out to sink the PS3 and 360. You're trying so hard to make my motives suspect here.

Around the Network

"Well according to Capcom they didn't care too much about the sales as long as the wii gamers are happy"

ROFL. I think that is all there is to say to this

Onimusha12 said:
Final-Fan said:
Onimusha12 said:
naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:

Resident Evil has been a franchise constantly juggled between directors and development teams. Each game is its own unique addition. Okami is a game that has its own unique art style and feel. If you think Okami is generic enough to be passed from one artistic vision to another without the core elements of the franchise suffering, then by all means make a sequel.

After Devil May Cry 4, I don't really expect much magic from Capcom in the way of forced sequels, at least not in the dawning of this generation where the emphasis seems placed on graphics. And I want RE5 for the Wii out of principle more than desire to play it. I really have no expectations of RE5 ever being anything worthwhile of its franchise.
So you want RE5 on the Wii purely because getting the game would benefit the Wii, and not because you want to play it on the Wii or even think it will be a decent game? How cynical. (Or is it out of a wish to spite the other systems? I'm not sure which "principle" applies.)
Cynical? How is a Wii version spiting the other consoles when it will be on them as well? A Wii version just makes sure everyone will be able to play it. I can't help but smile seeing how hard you all are trying to twist my words here into something negative. I will buy this for the Wii if it comes out for the Wii, but my primary concern is making an attempt to get it on the Wii first. If it doesn't come the Wii and is a must have game like RE4, I'll buy it for PC that way it'll save me the trouble of dumping $400 bucks in a 360 or PS3. You see... If I said I wanted this for the Wii so I can play it you'd cry that I should buy a 360 or PS3. When I say I want this for the Wii because its a title that would work for and benefit the Wii, suddenly I'm a heartless shell of a gamer who is out to sink the PS3 and 360. You're trying so hard to make my motives suspect here.
It just seems very odd that you would be in favor of MORE crappy ports on the Wii.  The only difference is that you think the original game will also be crappy. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Onimusha12 said:
naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:

So you want RE5 on the Wii purely because getting the game would benefit the Wii, and not because you want to play it on the Wii or even think it will be a decent game? How cynical. (Or is it out of a wish to spite the other systems? I'm not sure which "principle" applies.)

No, he wants it on the Wii because it is the "inherent right of heritage" for a Nintendo console to get all Resident Evil games released on it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I think this game will do about as well as Zack&Wiki, and maybe hit 500k if it does really, really better than expected. The initial shipment is probably going to be very low, so even if people cared it wouldn't move big numbers.

Around the Network

Final-Fan said:

It just seems very odd that you would be in favor of MORE crappy ports on the Wii.  The only difference is that you think the original game will also be crappy. 

Why will this be a crappy port? If graphics are the difference between a good game and a crappy game then your definition is null and void.

I want this because of the Wii's control scheme and my faith that Capcom will make it a quality port most likely with exclusive content and an excellent control scheme.

Faxanadu said:

No, he wants it on the Wii because it is the "inherent right of heritage" for a Nintendo console to get all Resident Evil games released on it.

Wrong again. Why must you make such brash assumptions. I only presented this as but one reason to motive why fans would want a Wii version, not as a fact, not as a justification, not as the sole reason, not even as the primary reason. After the success of RE4 on the Wii, RE5 would be a waste in many people's eyes not to feature the same control scheme that made RE4:Wii such a success. The control scheme is something we want for this game, and that's something you're not going to get on the PS3 or 360. There are a number of reasons why a Wii version can be desired. why do you try and act like there is only one at any given point in time for the sake of benefiting your criticism?

You're just bothered by the possibility of a Wii port and are trying in vain to nit pick and trivialize not only the possibility and validity of a port, but the reason why anyone would want it. You keep running in circles, jumping between points and issues. There is no cohesiveness to your logic, each time your criticisms are refuted, you simply just try and find another point to take out of context and attack. Note how the last few attacks have involved putting words in my mouth to make your argument.

I think Okami will have a similar following and sales pattern of Zack and Wiki. It will garner decent enough sales (esp. for this inexpensive port) but probably not enough for a sequel for a game of its size and scope. (Z&W will get another installment in the next 6-18 months.)

Break even is probably around 100K. Expected sales around 200-250K. Could reach 500K lifetime worldwide with strong word or mouth and additional support by the community and Nintendo. Going against it is the fact that it's a bit pricey ($40 versus Z&W's $30) and has a terrible launch date in between two Nintendo blockbusters (Brawl and Kart).

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

I predict this game will sell about 147,000 and that's it, IF the game has no advertising and what not.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Onimusha12 said:

Faxanadu said:

Wrong again. Why must you make such brash assumptions. I only presented this as but one reason to motive why fans would want a Wii version, not as a fact, not as a justification, not as the sole reason, not even as the primary reason. After the success of RE4 on the Wii, RE5 would be a waste in many people's eyes not to feature the same control scheme that made RE4:Wii such a success. The control scheme is something we want for this game, and that's something you're not going to get on the PS3 or 360. There are a number of reasons why a Wii version can be desired. why do you try and act like there is only one at any given point in time for the sake of benefiting your criticism?

You're just bothered by the possibility of a Wii port and are trying in vain to nit pick and trivialize not only the possibility and validity of a port, but the reason why anyone would want it. You keep running in circles, jumping between points and issues. There is no cohesiveness to your logic, each time your criticisms are refuted, you simply just try and find another point to take out of context and attack. Note how the last few attacks have involved putting words in my mouth to make your argument.

Again, please look at the games I own. Then look at the system they are for. Then maybe you will finally understand that I would like a Wii version of the game to be released. I just dont think it is my inherent right as a wii owner to be demanding a wii version from Capcom. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I don't think it will sell more than 200-300.000 tops. The game is not highly wanted, not very well promoted, not hyped and probably totally forgotten by the mass called SSBB.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo