By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

Who is going to make the sequel?

Clover is disbanded as a studio. They no longer exist.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:

Capcom can still make it.

Onimusha12 said:
Montanna Pwn'd

Anyway, I don't expect this to outdo 500k.

As for a sequel, Clover no longer exists, I'd rather not see the series go the way of Max Payne.

Odd statement coming from someone who seems to want RE5 on the wii really badly.

Onimusha12 said:

What happened to that fiath you had in Capcom? They're the best in gaming. I think they can make a good Okami game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Onimusha12 said:

I dunno.  Who's going to make RE5?  Mikami left Capcom with Clover.... 

Seriously your double-standards became tiresome a long time ago. 

Around the Network

How much did the PS2 version sell? I predict the Wii version will sell exactly twice that within the first 3 months, and then slow down a lot but still sell a little over the years as word of mouth and critical acclaim keep advertising for it.

Hopefully 18 quigillion.

=)

Just kiss the tip.

naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:

I dunno.  Who's going to make RE5?  Mikami left Capcom with Clover.... 

Double standards? Oh dear, put the pitch fork down would you?

Resident Evil has been a franchise constantly juggled between directors and development teams. Each game is its own unique addition. Okami is a game that has its own unique art style and feel. If you think Okami is generic enough to be passed from one artistic vision to another without the core elements of the franchise suffering, then by all means make a sequel.

After Devil May Cry 4, I don't really expect much magic from Capcom in the way of forced sequels, at least not in the dawning of this generation where the emphasis seems placed on graphics. And I want RE5 for the Wii out of principle more than desire to play it. I really have no expectations of RE5 ever being anything worthwhile of its franchise.

190k.
ANd I wont be one of them.

Onimusha12 said:
naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:

I dunno. Who's going to make RE5? Mikami left Capcom with Clover....

Double standards? Oh dear, put the pitch fork down would you?

Resident Evil has been a franchise constantly juggled between directors and development teams. Each game is its own unique addition. Okami is a game that has its own unique art style and feel. If you think Okami is generic enough to be passed from one artistic vision to another without the core elements of the franchise suffering, then by all means make a sequel.

After Devil May Cry 4, I don't really expect much magic from Capcom in the way of forced sequels, at least not in the dawning of this generation where the emphasis seems placed on graphics. And I want RE5 for the Wii out of principle more than desire to play it. I really have no expectations of RE5 ever being anything worthwhile of its franchise.
So you want RE5 on the Wii purely because getting the game would benefit the Wii, and not because you want to play it on the Wii or even think it will be a decent game?  How cynical.  (Or is it out of a wish to spite the other systems?  I'm not sure which "principle" applies.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!