By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst video game companions

While the realm of gaming does offer some awesome sidekicks to share your adventure with, there are others who are unforgettable for all the wrong reasons.

Whether they have the self-preservation of a pyromaniacal scarecrow, the intelligence of a pot plant watered with methadone, or a personality as appealing as herpes, there are some AI companions whose shittiness drags down the entire game.

Which is the worst offender you've encountered, and why?

Around the Network

I hated Rico in the Killzone 3. He kept screwing everything up story-wise but, even worse, he kept charging AHEAD OF ME. I hate that so much. I'm the one in command, I make the damn decisions! It was like dealing with a child while you're trying to get something done.

pokoko said:
I hated Rico in the Killzone 3. He kept screwing everything up story-wise but, even worse, he kept charging AHEAD OF ME. I hate that so much. I'm the one in command, I make the damn decisions! It was like dealing with a child while you're trying to get something done.

Ugh, Rico. Why on Earth did Guerrilla decide to double and triple down on him when there were three vastly more interesting characters in the first Killzone. And they just made him dumber and dumber as the series wore on.

The AI companions in Halo 5 are pretty bad. Sometimes I'd spot them running past a group of enemies without firing or just standing still.

pokoko said:

That son of a bitch is one of my most hated characters ever.

@OP: that frog from star fox 64, fucking hell did I hate him. 

Bentley from sly cooper. I didn't get three levels past that game because of how much I hated him, his voice and his tone. He was annoying beyond measure.

Around the Network

Sheeva from Resident Evil 5. Thank you Sheeva, you just wasted another healing item.

Shame that after making such a well-designed character in Ashley from RE4, Capcom had to slap us with Sheeva's stupidity.

I love Last of Us. I played it about 8 times on PS3, got the platinum. I've just started playing Remastered and I don't remember Ellie being this annoying. She keeps knocking me off ledges and getting in my way every 3 seconds. I don't remember her being that bad last gen.

Oh, yeah, and Dogmeat from Fallout 4. Again, he keeps RUNNING AHEAD of me when I'm trying to be cautious. He fucking opens doors--how, I don't know--alerting the bad guys inside. He also blocks entrance ways constantly. I switch him out as soon as I can.

I thought Navi from Zelda OOT would be the answer by popular consensus. But as long as it did not interfere in gameplay then it's all right i guess.

weird double post

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."