By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are the Nintendo franchises that you want to, but never got around to?

Cloudman said:
Anfebious said:

The mechanics weren't that great, the avatar character is broken. I could do entire missions just with him...

Yeah, Awakening is quite on the easy side. Luckily, they fixed this in Fates. It's definitely harder than Awakening is. No more of a broken pairing system.

No more pairing system sounds nice. I might give it a chance... but I fear it might be too difficult for me ahaha!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, Awakening is quite on the easy side. Luckily, they fixed this in Fates. It's definitely harder than Awakening is. No more of a broken pairing system.

No more pairing system sounds nice. I might give it a chance... but I fear it might be too difficult for me ahaha!

Well.... it's still there. It's just different. Pairing was changed where characters will help protect you if they are paired, or attack if they are next to you. And the enemies can do the same as well. It was a much needed change that needed to happen. It does have a lot of different difficulty options too if it becomes too hard.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Anfebious said:

Well.... it's still there. It's just different. Pairing was changed where characters will help protect you if they are paired, or attack if they are next to you. And the enemies can do the same as well. It was a much needed change that needed to happen. It does have a lot of different difficulty options too if it becomes too hard.

I read that the petting is out of the NA version though, that's a deal breaker for me

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Golden Sun.
Reason: Time. Already downloaded on Wii U. So just have time to play.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The problem for me is time, I really want to try these franchises:

Metroid: Played "Other M", I end up finding this game good and people saying this is the worst metroid game got me even more pumped to try the prime trilogy and the older ones.

Fire Emblem: Only played on the Wii U virtual console, I really want to play the recent ones.

Mother: Never Played :(

Kid Icarus: Same

Golden Sun: Same

Sin & Punishment: Same

Fzero: Same

Animal Crossing is the only franchise that i don't feel any interest

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
KilleyMc said:
Animal Crossing: Never played any game of this series.

Kirby: I'm ashamed to say that I never tried one of its games, not sure if Planet Robobot is a good representative of the franchise, but I'm planning to buy it soon. 

Xenoblade: JRPGs are my favourite games, but I can't get into this one. I own the original for the Wii but was never able to put more than five or six hours in the game before dropping it, and so I skipped the one available for Wii U for that reason.

All of the Kirby games are pretty good. Just don't expect any difficulty.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks.

Megaoverlord12 said:
KilleyMc said:
Animal Crossing: Never played any game of this series.

Kirby: I'm ashamed to say that I never tried one of its games, not sure if Planet Robobot is a good representative of the franchise, but I'm planning to buy it soon. 

Xenoblade: JRPGs are my favourite games, but I can't get into this one. I own the original for the Wii but was never able to put more than five or six hours in the game before dropping it, and so I skipped the one available for Wii U for that reason.

Planet Robobot is one of the higher rated Kirbys and is, from what I've seen, perfectly representitive of standard Kirby. I also need to get it. If I may ask, do you remember what caused you to drop Chronicles?

Seems like a good choice to start with the franchise then, thanks. As for Xenoblade, the combat system is the deal breaker for me, as soon as I leave the starting town with many quests of the type "Defeat X number of..." I come to realize how much I hate the auto-attacks. 

zelmusario said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

If you play Awakening on Normal and Casual, you shouldn't have to worry about all of the game's systems as much. It'll still be somewhat long, but you won't have to grind much or worry about getting the perfect children/skills.

Good deal, thanks! The grinding is definitely what makes me wear out after 10 to 15 hours. I haven't played many JRPGs, but the ones I have played I loved (SMT series, Ni No Kuni) so there's not a really good reason for me to have not played one of Nintendo's best franchises like Fire Emblem. I actually am on vacation next week, so I might just have to pop it in the ol' 3ds!  

I wish you luck!

greencactaur said:
Metroid, I love the enthusiasm of the fan base, and feel I owe it to them to at least give it a try in the future.As of now however, I don't intend to try it any time soon.

Fusion or Prime would be the best staring points, depending on whether you want 2D or 3D.

Paatar said:
Metroid. I really haven't played any of the games. So I'm hoping we get an full blown awesome Metroid game on the NX, cause the hype for that will be real. Especially if they decide to do open world for it.

Makes me wonder if that's the plan for the next Nintendo open world game? Who knows. It'd be nice.

Once I get the trilogy on disc, I'll play through those.

Could Metroid work in open world? One of the predominant features of open world games are side quests and NPCs. Metroid doesn't really do that.

160rmf said:

Metroid: Played "Other M", I end up finding this game good and people saying this is the worst metroid game got me even more pumped to try the prime trilogy and the older ones.

Fire Emblem: Only played on the Wii U virtual console, I really want to play the recent ones.

Other M mostly gets shit for it's characterization of Samus, and for the lacklustre plot excuse for how you get your abilities. The gameplay is generally looked on better. I haven't played it, so I don't know a good game to go to next. As for Fire Emblem, do you plan to go to Awakening, or jump to Fates? For Kid Icarus, I've only played Uprising, and I whole heartedly recommend it, it's a lot of fun.

KilleyMc said:
hershel_layton said:

All of the Kirby games are pretty good. Just don't expect any difficulty.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks.

Megaoverlord12 said:

Planet Robobot is one of the higher rated Kirbys and is, from what I've seen, perfectly representitive of standard Kirby. I also need to get it. If I may ask, do you remember what caused you to drop Chronicles?

Seems like a good choice to start with the franchise then, thanks. As for Xenoblade, the combat system is the deal breaker for me, as soon as I leave the starting town with many quests of the type "Defeat X number of..." I come to realize how much I hate the auto-attacks. 

Fair enough. If you hate the combat system, then Chronicles X wouldn't change your mind; while the quests are a tad more varied, it's the same combat system, but more complicated. 

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Megaoverlord12 said:

160rmf said:

Other M mostly gets shit for it's characterization of Samus, and for the lacklustre plot excuse for how you get your abilities. The gameplay is generally looked on better. I haven't played it, so I don't know a good game to go to next. As for Fire Emblem, do you plan to go to Awakening, or jump to Fates? For Kid Icarus, I've only played Uprising, and I whole heartedly recommend it, it's a lot of fun.

I don't know. Awakening and Fates are not related in history, right? I think I'll go with Fates. Thanks for the recommendations! I'll try uprising in the future.

We reap what we sow

Super Mario. I suck at platformers in general, but damn i love 3d mario games

160rmf said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

I don't know. Awakening and Fates are not related in history, right? I think I'll go with Fates. Thanks for the recommendations! I'll try uprising in the future.

Some Awakening side characters show up in Fates as side characters, I haven't beaten it yet (I have Birthright), so I don't quite know their full involvement. As for Fates, are you starting with Birthright or Conquest?

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS