By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are the Nintendo franchises that you want to, but never got around to?

Exactly as the title says. What are the Nintendo series/games that you want to, but, for whatever reasons (lack of money, not owning the system, laziness, etc.), never got around to trying/buying? List the franchise/games and the reason(s)you want to play it, as well as the reason you haven't yet.

Major ones for me are Star Fox, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island, and Sin & Punishment. 

I got Star Fox 64 for free from Club Nintendo, but I just never got around to playing it because I'm lazy. I want to try it because I like arcadey style games.

I've never had an F-Zero game partially because they're not a particularly common breed, and because I'm lazy and they cost money that I don't usually have. I like arcadey style racing games, so I'm sure I'd like it if I actually played it.

I never got Golden Sun largely for the same reasons as F-Zero, and I like turn based RPGs.

I never got the original Yoshi's Island because I didn't have a SNES, beyond that, laziness, though I particularly want DS and Wolly World. Platformers are my jam.

I never got the original Sin & Punishment because I didn't have an N64, and I didn't know of the Wii one until really recently, then laziness. I've never tried a rail shooter, and always wanted to try one.

Some individual games include the original Super Mario Bros. (I like 3 and the New Supers, but laziness), Super Mario World (ditto), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (I love Superstar Saga and Bowsers Insider Story, but lazy), Metroid Fusion (I like the Prime games and Super Metroid, lazy), the Wario Land games prior to Shake-It! (I loved Shake it, and want to try the others, but lazy), Captain Toad (I liked the Toad levels from 3D World, lazy)

And yes, I know that every single one of these series have installments on Wii U Virtual Console, and that all of the games are similarly easily accessible now, but I'm lazy and have no money.

Following this, I will be making similar threads for PlayStation, Xbox, and third parties.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

The Wario games. Man, every time I look at a video on one being played they look like so much fun! But for various reasons, I never get around to playing them. Maybe I'm short on cash at the time, maybe some other game that I want to play more comes along and grabs my attention away. But Wario always seems to slip through my fingers. But I vow I will play a Wario game one day!

I've never played Star Fox, though I used to always hear how good it was. I love SRPGs so Fire Emblem is probably the most attractive Nintendo property to me. I've heard good things about Advance Wars, too. Pikmin on Wii U looked good.

Hm. Not much else that I can think of.

Animal Crossing and Pikmin. I heard they're really good games but I haven't even played 1 game out of each series. I've pretty much played everything else.

Animal Crossing: Never played any game of this series.

Kirby: I'm ashamed to say that I never tried one of its games, not sure if Planet Robobot is a good representative of the franchise, but I'm planning to buy it soon.

Xenoblade: JRPGs are my favourite games, but I can't get into this one. I own the original for the Wii but was never able to put more than five or six hours in the game before dropping it, and so I skipped the one available for Wii U for that reason.

Around the Network

Animaru Crossing. That will change once they release an HD version for NX tho.

It seems like a fun, charming and cute game.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Paperboy_J said:
The Wario games. Man, every time I look at a video on one being played they look like so much fun! But for various reasons, I never get around to playing them. Maybe I'm short on cash at the time, maybe some other game that I want to play more comes along and grabs my attention away. But Wario always seems to slip through my fingers. But I vow I will play a Wario game one day!

Same here. There is a 2D Wario game to download on MyNnintendo but I never got around doing it. I really want the Wario game in Wii to be released in eShop though.

I try to get into traditional fighting games after years of playing Smash, but I get uninterested very quickly after looking up videos.

KilleyMc said:
Animal Crossing: Never played any game of this series.

Kirby: I'm ashamed to say that I never tried one of its games, not sure if Planet Robobot is a good representative of the franchise, but I'm planning to buy it soon.

Xenoblade: JRPGs are my favourite games, but I can't get into this one. I own the original for the Wii but was never able to put more than five or six hours in the game before dropping it, and so I skipped the one available for Wii U for that reason.

All of the Kirby games are pretty good. Just don't expect any difficulty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Paperboy_J said:

This. I got Wario Land 4 in the ambassador thing on my 3DS and it seemed very cool, I just never got around to playing it fully lol.