By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 6 police officers shot; 3 dead in Baton Rouge

konnichiwa said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It wasn't to this level, and not whilst gun control is a hot subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P43WZd611WA it was a lot worse....

And that one was pretty mild compared to riots of the 60s.

Around the Network

And to think, this all spiraled out of control because cops shot a guy who was trying to pull a gun on them.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

KLAMarine said:
SolidSnack said:

generally the right approach (to everything)

Indeed. My current question is was this shooting motivated by recent events in the same state?

Perhaps not.

It also seems less likely that the tragedy in Nice was a terrorist act (at least not a planned one) Of course most people have already moved on and have attributed to the whatever holy war is going on. The alternative is perhaps even more scary, depressed guy with mental health issues snaps and does all this :(

ArchangelMadzz said:
Acevil said:

We always had "race" riots or "race" wars. It just has been awhile since the 90s. 

It wasn't to this level, and not whilst gun control is a hot subject

What?! Are you too young to know about the Los Angeles riots from the Rodney King incident. Everything that's happening is tragic, but is small in comparison.

Edit: I should have kept scrolling as several have pointed it out.

But this has really undone a lot of slow healing that was going on from the previous civil unrest. Not looking forward to more of this pain in my city.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Azuren said:
And to think, this all spiraled out of control because cops shot a guy who was trying to pull a gun on them.

The violence in Dallas is 50-60+ years of frustration pent up, not one incident. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Azuren said:

The violence in Dallas is 50-60+ years of frustration pent up, not one incident. 

Anton Sterling was shot in Baton Rouge, where the most recent cop shootings took place after a series of protests against his shooting.

Azuren said:
Soundwave said:

Anton Sterling was shot in Baton Rouge, where the most recent cop shootings took place after a series of protests against his shooting.

Alton Sterling is like what ... 1/20 of the same type of recent cases? 

People who are under 19/20 who think this is some recent phenomenon don't know the situation very well, quite frankly. This has been a problem in America for decades and decades, it's just boiled over now. 

Folkes are not angry because of one shooting or because Beyonce told them to be angry. 

Soundwave said:
Azuren said:

People who are under 19/20 who think this is some recent phenomenon don't know the situation very well, quite frankly. This has been a problem in America for decades and decades, it's just boiled over now. 

Folkes are not angry because of one shooting or because Beyonce told them to be angry. 

We're discussing the police shootings in Baton Rouge. Which resulted from the protests.

Which came from Anton Sterling. 

Azuren said:
Soundwave said:

We're discussing the police shootings in Baton Rouge. Which resulted from the protests.

Which came from Anton Sterling. 

Also worth noting that the shooter (Gavin Long) is not from Baton Rouge or Louisiana for that matter. He's from Missouri. As these events become nationwide news, it brings along people with nothing but bad intentions to damage the local communities.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

spurgeonryan said:
So someone was reportedly walking down the street with an Assult rifle, and they just walk up on him?

I guess after all that has been happening police are afraid to shoot so now they just wait and get shot.

See, it would be a lot easier for police if guns were illegal. No need to ask for a permit first. If you see someone carrying a gun, get the swat team or whatever, no need to think about it.