By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the game that got you into gaming?

Conina said:
Random_Matt said:

Buy them when i purchase a new laptop, my current one is pretty f*cked.

These games run on a potato... at least a potato with ScummVM / DosBox / AGS support. ;)

I know, but the CPU is finished more or less. Just overheats and throttles, can barely load webpages as well. It has gone super slow, even done fresh windows install etc. Buy a new one soon.

Around the Network

The arcade of Pac-Man in 1980.

Soundwave said:

That simple. 

I didn't even actually want an NES as a kid, our grandma pushed our parents to buy us one because every kid had a computer or Nintendo at the house.

I wasn't crazy about the Atari 2600 and preferred just regular toys. 

Definitely Nintendo and the NES that got me into home gaming as well.  I also didn't care for the Atari 2600; it was all arcades for me until the NES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTx4yYKfruY

It was a mix of Super Mario Bros and Dragon Warrior. Super Mario Bros was my first game and I really enjoyed it but as a kid with a large imagination, Dragon Warrior helped cement my love of gaming.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

Pokemon Silver/Gold was what got me into gaming early on and I still play pokemon and even watch the anime to this day. It can also be said that it formed the type of person I've become.

Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda for NES.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The Donkey Kong arcade game (and to a lesser degree, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, and Joust).

The original Zelda cemented my love of gaming.

Civilization 1

Pokemon yellow.

I LOVE ICELAND!