By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the game that got you into gaming?

Super Mario Bros. on NES in 1989.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Pac-Man, on the Atari 2600, before they simplified the board.

Original Super Mario Brothers for the NES.

Mendel Palace

I think I was 6 or 7 when I first played this.  Simple, fun gameplay but most importantly great music.  Influenced my love for game music from then on.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Coin-op Arcades back in the 80's, plus watching my cousin's SEGA MSX computer playing Star Jacker and some jungle game. So cooool.

And then when I saw the C64 I had to get one. Cousin bought a C64 too and I envied him so much. I took me over a year to save up the money.

Damn, those days of being a child of a poor family. But I still miss the 80's so much. I'd like to go back and play all those games again so bad.

Around the Network

Wolf 3D i think, or maybe a PGA game on a Amstrad i think.

Perhaps space quest, miss that game.

Final Fantasy X, it was the first game that I played for real, learned the basics of english, and still my favorite game, followed by Skyrim.

I don't know. I started to play games with the Atari2600 and got a NES short after that. Gaming was just something doing besides every other stuff. I guess when I started Highschool and the Internet became more widely available and so did online games, that's when I noticed using most of my free time for playing games.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

AbbathTheGrim said:

Perhaps you may have played other games before, but I am talking about that one game you saw or played that made you decide to nose-dive into the thing and swim deeper.

Hmm...it's been so long it's hard to pinpoint one game. I remember really loving playing a text based adventure on vic 20 I believe about dracula with my mom. This one and really text based adventures in general stand out because of the memories.  It also was what likely formed my interest and consequent love of point and click adventures later on with Sierra and Lucas arts on PC.

Another defining game for me was Ultima either on the 20 or 64 I can't remember which. I say that because it kept me in the ultima world all the way through ultima online and formed my love of RPG's and dungeon type crawlers.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....