By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Attack in Nice, France during Bastille Day. 78 killed, hundreds wounded.

Volterra_90 said:
Acevil said:

Wonder how much better or worse our world would have been if Iran took Iraq in the 80s (Pity the west interfered because the Saudis were scared). Saddam would have never been in power, to be taken out of power, to cause instability, to create this organization. 

It's really hard to know how things would be if it was the case. We have what we have, and we really have to work a lot to solve this out. I don't think that Islamophobia and banning them is the solution. As a matter of fact, I think that would make things way, way worse.

Islamophobia is exactly what ISIS wants. 

It's vital to their end goal of creating a conflict they believe will bring about the end of the world. That's literally what these dickheads want. 

Around the Network
Monsoone said:
Acevil said:

Your logic is so sound, may I present your logic back to you, The West is globally hated for a reason, get with the times. Such a perfect chain of a thought, five stars. 

(I don't like religion as the next guy (more than most), but what I do hate is loevely generalization). 

But the West has killed tons of Muslim scum so why should they be hated?

Huh, I don't get it, you mean you think the West was doing Middle East was for good intentions (lets just ignore the fact all the fake reasons they justified it), where a lot of innocent people died, where people are affaird of the sky because of drone strikes. 

If the west wanted to do good before this mess, it chose poorly in allies it has in that region (Saudis). 

Honestly at this point of time, I cannot think of country more responsible than Saudis for this clusterfuck, and no one is going to acknowledge it, not the West, not Russia, NO ONE. 

More Add: When i say Saudis, I do mean the royal family and the government. 

Soundwave said:
Volterra_90 said:

It's really hard to know how things would be if it was the case. We have what we have, and we really have to work a lot to solve this out. I don't think that Islamophobia and banning them is the solution. As a matter of fact, I think that would make things way, way worse.

It's vital to their end goal of creating a conflict they believe will bring about the end of the world. That's literally what these dickheads want. 

Exactly, if you alienate the entire Muslim faith then ISIS is suddenly going to find it a hell of a lot easier to recruit new members and suddenly become a lot more powerful. It would be all out war.

Any hate against muslims is beneficial to ISIS. They want their to be a divide.

Soundwave said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, exactly. And some people are proud of spreading that Islamophobia, creating conflict, radicalizing people... This isn't the way of doing things. If countries start banning muslims, spreading Islamophobia in big scale... I can't even think what the outcome wil be, but it won't be good.

Acevil said:
mai said:

Those countries doesn't strike me like they have substantial Muslim minorities (% of Muslims in population):

US (0,6% as of 2008)
Canada (3,2% as of 2011)
Australia (2,2% as of 2011)
UK (4,4% as of 2011)

Let's start from 5% and up, or maybe 10% and up? For comparison:

France (7-9% as of 2015)
Germany (5,4% as of 2009)

Again, I think the English speaking countries are the only good examples. Maybe Singapore? (Have no idea how much population demographic they have). 

15% as of 2010, it's easy to check. Not very good example either, it's relatively small and also not really western. Plus I don't think that US are such a good example with these recent tensions between whites and black minorities (not really recent, but they become relevant from time to time), at least that's how public opinion goes. I personally think that opinion doesn't represent facts, but you can't beat opinion with real-world facts if that opinion is shared by so many people, thus that opinion becomes very much part of the real-world, and a problem.

That aside, I think there's no contemporary example of western culture of substantial size (say, tens of millions) that successfully assimilated Muslim minority (say, 5-10% and up), successfully by their own standards (say, a poll that shows that relations are at least tolerable if not perfectly good).

So here you go, guys, you just don't get along together.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah, exactly. And some people are proud of spreading that Islamophobia, creating conflict, radicalizing people... This isn't the way of doing things. If countries start banning muslims, spreading Islamophobia in big scale... I can't even think what the outcome wil be, but it won't be good.

Honestly I would not worry about Daesh, Russia has been pushing them down really hard. The problem will be remnants themselves and the aftershock of their existance. Obviously pockets of them will always exist, just like pockets of IRA(Just not as crazy as before) and Taliban still exists. 

Lawlight said:
Aielyn said:

I'm assuming you're referring to poverty, lack of education, and oppression?

A refusal to assimilate and accept the western culture.

Congratulations on failing to understand the basics of psychology.

The things you refer to are *symptoms*, not causes.

Lawlight said:

I don't think you're in a position to tell anyonr what they should believe their religion to be.

And yet, apparently, you're able to tell every muslim in the world what they should believe their religion to be?

Volterra_90 said:
Soundwave said:

That's exactly what the proper countries need to do, keep as many Muslims out there could try as possible. Muslims will always be scum, that won't change so something like this will become a reality one day.

The more these things happen, the more they become globally hated and something will be done one day. 

What they should do is kill them all to be honest but SJWs would cry.

Alt removed -RavenXtra

LA shooting by Muslims

"Its not all Muslims!"

Belgium airport bombing

"Its not all Muslims!"

Orlando shooting

"Its not all Muslims!"

Paris shooting

"Its not all Muslims!"

Paris lorry incident

"Its not all Muslims!"

99% of terrorist incidents in the world

"Its not all Muslims!"

Acevil said:
mai said:

Come to think of it, are there contemporary cultures that you might call western that are more or less successfully assimilated Muslim minority? Or maybe otherwise, Muslim culture assimilating western minority?

I would say in general, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia have done the best job at assimilating. (The problem is, it is starting to be reversed because of the war on terror & Iraq war aftershocks.) 

France actually is one of the more divided at assimilation. 

Also another thought. All listed nations are essentially countries of migrants (aside of UK, but even in that case Muslim minority over here are still migrants), that makes the whole assimilation process quite easier for obvious reasons (well, after eliminating the problem of aborigens, of course).

Here's ulimate test, how about western culture and Muslim culture that are both indigenous to any given territory they share and therefore could claim the land as their own?

As I said, you just don't get along. Empirically proved.