By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Attack in Nice, France during Bastille Day. 78 killed, hundreds wounded.

Sad news. Another win for the terrorism. And we're so stupid that we're making them feel victorious, proclaming our islamophobia (that's exactly what they want). I can't help but feel sad when I see HT in Twitter like #StopIslam, or people claiming their xenophobia like it's something... normal. I'm obviously sad about the victims too...

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Sad news. Another win for the terrorism. And we're so stupid that we're making them feel victorious, proclaming our islamophobia (that's exactly what they want). I can't help but feel sad when I see HT in Twitter like #StopIslam, or people claiming their xenophobia like it's something... normal. I'm obviously sad about the victims too...

No, they want the whole world to turn to Islam. And no you're not sad about the victims or their family.

Lawlight said:
Aielyn said:

I'm assuming you're referring to poverty, lack of education, and oppression?

A refusal to assimilate and accept the western culture.

All the Abrhamic religions if taken literally are barbaric and ass backwards. They were written hundreds of years ago for a tribal desert culture, what can you expect. 

Christainity is basically just like a dog that's been neutered and had its teeth removed, because its been forced to liberalize to exist in a Western liberal society. 

Unfortunately Islam is not in the same boat and reformation of religion is painfully slow because religious conservatives are always a royal pain in the ass. Religious types always think their POV is infalliable and perfect because some book written 2000 years and editing 5959595 times informs their entire world view. 

Thankfully though most people in actual practice are not so naive or willing to at least subconciously kind of ignore the dumber/nuttier parts of religion, and that's true of the vast majority of Muslims (same goes for Christians and Jews). 

Unfortunately it only takes a fraction of a percentage of people to cause incredible damage. And that's where we have problems, the Middle East has been devastated socially and ravaged economically over the last 30-40 years that there's no stability there which allows pockets for religious extremists to thrive. 

Libara said:
Monsoono said:
Muslim apologists have arrived huh?

Racist bigots have arrived huh?

Found the Social Justice Warrior.

Sorry but you're in denial, Muslims are globally hated for a reason, get with the times. There's nothing wrong with hating scum.

Alt removed -RavenXtra 

Monsooni said:
Libara said:

Sorry but you're in denial, Muslims are globally hated for a reason, get with the times. There's nothing wrong with hating scum.

Your logic is so sound, may I present your logic back to you, The West is globally hated for a reason, get with the times. Such a perfect chain of a thought, five stars. 

(I don't like religion as the next guy (more than most), but what I do hate is loevely generalization). 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:
Sad news. Another win for the terrorism. And we're so stupid that we're making them feel victorious, proclaming our islamophobia (that's exactly what they want). I can't help but feel sad when I see HT in Twitter like #StopIslam, or peopleclaiming their xenophobia like it's something... normal. I'm obviously sad about the victims too...

No, they want the whole world to turn to Islam. And no you're not sad about the victims or their family.

They want people to turn against them, so muslim people in Western countries would feel like outcasts and support their claims of "West is evil". So far they're suceeding. It's their way of recruiting.

And, yes, I'm sad about the victims.

Monsooni said:
Libara said:

Grow some balls and post on your main account, don't hide behind an alt. 

Monsooni said:
Libara said:

By the less intelligent percentage of the population,which thankfully is not the largest percentage. The rest can see the bigger picture and can take a more sensible view of things, a view that doesn't suit their agenda. Why not post with your main account, if you truly believe what you are saying?

And Muslims arn't globally hated.... I know you'd like that to be true but it just isn't.

Lawlight said:
Aielyn said:

I'm assuming you're referring to poverty, lack of education, and oppression?

A refusal to assimilate and accept the western culture.

Come to think of it, are there contemporary cultures that you might call western that are more or less successfully assimilated Muslim minority? Or maybe otherwise, Muslim culture assimilating western minority?

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

Actually technically this is not even true from what I understand. 

The end goal for ISIS is not to convert the majority of people, it's to create a war between Muslims and non-believers which will take place some where in Syria (I think) which will lead to the end times/apocalypse, wherein Jesus will return (to fight for their side of course) and all other types of wacky supernatural shit will happen. This is actually not that different from what's in the Christian Bible, it's just these looney tunes are nuts enough to believe in it literally. 

That I believe is their actual stated goal.  That's why creating division and pushing more Muslims away from the West is actually exactly what ISIS wants. That's also why they have no problem attacking Muslim sites like the Turkey airport attack. If we were to have good relations with the Muslim world, that would be devastating to their cause.