Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronaldo has surpassed Messi today

LOL Portugal were the luckiest team i've seen in a long time in a tournament.

Ronaldo's contribution was fumbling the ball throughout the tournament.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

Salty much ?

xD

Cobretti2 said:

Luck is a common used word to dismiss merits of other teams.

Sure there were times that Portugal were fortunate in their goals and defense but to get that "lucky" you have to work for it.

Portuguese defense was simply the best during this tournament. Their midifeld was their best weapon as it dominated and kept most teams away from their goal.

Their 2 front men were combative enough to hold back their opponents' defense to press in block and choke Portuguese game and opportunistic enough to capitalize in chances they created to beat their opponents.

That's their luck buddy.

contestgamer said:

He has achieved the second greatest prize in all football, winning the Euro in an absolute dominant individual fashion. Messi is a system player, Ronaldo is an individual that can drag any team with him. What Messi couldnt achieve with the highest ranked national football team in the world Ronaldo did with a team that most consider mediocre at best. History was made.

Yeah he didnt play in the finals, but he dragged his team there and his leadership was the inspiration his team needed to pull out that final win.

I was just waiting for a pathetic thread like this to pop up. Ronaldo will never be better than Messi. This was one of the worst teams to win a Trophy. It happens. Ronaldo was poor in this tournament.  Very poor. Not even in the top 5 players at Euros. Messi was best player at the Copa. 4 finals shows that he's taking Argentina to the brink. 

Ronaldo is all about personal glory. Messi is a team player.  2 years younger than Ronaldo and already achieved far more.

Messi has better stats. He scores and creates better goals. Better goals to shots ratio. Better freekick taker. Better dribbler, more assists and more silverware. 

The only people who think Ronaldo is better than Messi are Portuguese, Real and Man United fans. 

0815user said:
he surpassed him quite a while ago. messi has talent but ronaldo also has ambition.

Surpassed him in what???

Around the Network

I think the day that Ronaldo surpassed Messi was when Messi retired from the Argentinian national team at the age of 29. Ronaldo may cry when he loses in a big game, but he has never been such a sore loser.

It's really strange. For so many years it looked like Messi has much better sportsmanship than Ronaldo, but within a couple of weeks the whole thing got turned upside down.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Guys, Bobby Orr is the GOAT. Duh.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

nvm

RolStoppable said:
I think the day that Ronaldo surpassed Messi was when Messi retired from the Argentinian national team at the age of 29. Ronaldo may cry when he loses in a big game, but he has never been such a sore loser.

It's really strange. For so many years it looked like Messi has much better sportsmanship than Ronaldo, but within a couple of weeks the whole thing got turned upside down.

Portuguese media never witch hunts Ronaldo when they lose. They praised him for their performance in the World Cup.

Messi's always under the microscope for anything that happens with the Argentina national team in the cups. They question his patriotism and at times call him Catalan. Ronaldo doesn't put up with that even though he's more of a drama queen. His mom comes calls out the commentators that question his weak performances.

I wouldn't play for Argentina if I was Messi.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Cobretti2 said:

Salty much ?

xD

Not really I'm in Austrlia so it doesn't bother me who won. Just a nuetral observation.