By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronaldo has surpassed Messi today

vivster said:
Barkley said:

Lol I don't know about that, I don't pay much attention to football but all I ever hear about Ronaldo is what a spoiled brat he is and how he throws tantrums all the time.

You might want to google "ronaldo philanthropy"

"Cristiano Ronaldo may not be everybody's cup of tea but you cannot fault that he is a giving soul. Real Madrid star Ronaldo is seen by many as an arrogant, self-important primadonna."

So he just has an attitude problem I guess.

Around the Network

For me it isn't the fact that he won the title, but the passion he showed once he was(forcefully) removed from the game. I have never seen that kind of pation with Messi, so between the two for me that is the deciding factor.

Barkley said:
vivster said:

You might want to google "ronaldo philanthropy"

"Cristiano Ronaldo may not be everybody's cup of tea but you cannot fault that he is a giving soul. Real Madrid star Ronaldo is seen by many as an arrogant, self-important primadonna."

So he just has an attitude problem I guess.

Yeah, which isnt really a big deal considering hes worth hundreds of millions of dollars, is considered the best or second best player in the world and has model looks. You'd have an ego too, big deal.

contestgamer said:
kirby007 said:
ronaldo isn't even player of the tournament

Yes he is, you cant be a real MVP if you didn't win and he's clearly Portugals mvp.

following your logic how did he win the ballor dor twice while not even being champ of spain

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

contestgamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Portugal = 8? But yeah... 8th in the world = shit apparently.

So not only is your suggestion plain stupid it's also hugely disrespectful to the rest of the players...

An 8th seed has no business winning championships. A front runner 1st seed has no business choking them away.

Lecister City won the premiere league with 5000 to 1 Odds, they didn't have Ronaldo, they were a team of "no names". Football is not a sport that is one by any one person. It's a team game with ELEVEN players per side.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
For me it isn't the fact that he won the title, but the passion he showed once he was(forcefully) removed from the game. I have never seen that kind of pation with Messi, so between the two for me that is the deciding factor.

You need to drag Ronaldo off the pitch. Messi quits on his country when things arent going well- because of his own chokes.

kirby007 said:
contestgamer said:

Yes he is, you cant be a real MVP if you didn't win and he's clearly Portugals mvp.

following your logic how did he win the ballor dor twice while not even being champ of spain

What are you taling about? Messi winning ballon when Spain won championships? Politics of course, he brings in the money and viewers

Barkley said:
contestgamer said:

An 8th seed has no business winning championships. A front runner 1st seed has no business choking them away.

Lecister City won the premiere league with 5000 to 1 Odds, they didn't have Ronaldo, they were a team of "no names". Football is not a sport that is one by any one person. It's a team game with ELEVEN players per side.

Has it happened in history? Yes, often? Hell no. Ronaldo is the deciding factor, he's worth 2 or 3 players on the pitch. He is a third of his team impact wise. 

Hiku said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah and then choked them all.

Ronaldo being invisible in the finals he's been in, with the exception of 2007, is noteworthy?
11 goals vs Malmö and Schaktar, get the easiest road to the final (same as Portugal) and then doing nothing but hit the last penalty and stealing the glory isn't excactly dominating fashion.

Ronaldo has had chokes, but he never "retired" He kept fighting and has now absolved himself with one of the greatest individual accomplishments in history. Messi is a choking machine on the international stage and until he wins a WC that wont change. One WC win would absolve him, but it hasnt happened yet. Until he stops choking endlessly I cant put him above ronaldo.

So what I'm getting from this thread and google is, Lionel Messi is the greatest football player of all time, and will be remembered as such, NICE!