By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronaldo has surpassed Messi today

kirby007 said:
ronaldo isn't even player of the tournament

Yes he is, you cant be a real MVP if you didn't win and he's clearly Portugals mvp.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Dude... you're just digging the hole deeper...

Whats portugals  and argentinas global ranking again? I thought so

Portugal = 8? But yeah... 8th in the world = shit apparently.

So not only is your suggestion plain stupid it's also hugely disrespectful to the rest of the players...

Arbeloa is the GOAT !

2 Euros
1 WC

Ka-pi96 said:
contestgamer said:

Whats portugals  and argentinas global ranking again? I thought so

So not only is your suggestion plain stupid it's also hugely disrespectful to the rest of the players...

An 8th seed has no business winning championships. A front runner 1st seed has no business choking them away.

vivster said:
Barkley said:

Lol I don't know about that, I don't pay much attention to football but all I ever hear about Ronaldo is what a spoiled brat he is and how he throws tantrums all the time.

You might want to google "ronaldo philanthropy"

"Cristiano Ronaldo may not be everybody's cup of tea but you cannot fault that he is a giving soul. Real Madrid star Ronaldo is seen by many as an arrogant, self-important primadonna."

So he just has an attitude problem I guess.

Around the Network

For me it isn't the fact that he won the title, but the passion he showed once he was(forcefully) removed from the game. I have never seen that kind of pation with Messi, so between the two for me that is the deciding factor.

Barkley said:
vivster said:

You might want to google "ronaldo philanthropy"

"Cristiano Ronaldo may not be everybody's cup of tea but you cannot fault that he is a giving soul. Real Madrid star Ronaldo is seen by many as an arrogant, self-important primadonna."

So he just has an attitude problem I guess.

Yeah, which isnt really a big deal considering hes worth hundreds of millions of dollars, is considered the best or second best player in the world and has model looks. You'd have an ego too, big deal.

contestgamer said:
kirby007 said:
ronaldo isn't even player of the tournament

Yes he is, you cant be a real MVP if you didn't win and he's clearly Portugals mvp.

following your logic how did he win the ballor dor twice while not even being champ of spain

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

contestgamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

An 8th seed has no business winning championships. A front runner 1st seed has no business choking them away.

For starters this was a UEFA tournament so Portugal would have been a 4th seed.

Secondly, if you think the 8th best team shouldn't be winning championships then you really need to watch more Champions League and international football, there's way more than 8 teams capable of winning things in both cases...

contestgamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Lecister City won the premiere league with 5000 to 1 Odds, they didn't have Ronaldo, they were a team of "no names". Football is not a sport that is one by any one person. It's a team game with ELEVEN players per side.