By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go rumored to make $1.6m Dollars per day in US alone.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/rumor-pokemon-go-makes-1-6-million-per-day-just-on-ios-just-in-usa/

Wow, Pokemon Go could just be the beginning of the Nintendo like profits if these estimates are close.

Around the Network

Wow! This is mighty impressive!

But again, everybody is playing it. Pokemon just doesn't seem to fade out.

Not surprising, and this is with shitty servers. Between this and Amiibos Nintendo should be doing fairly ok even if their presence in the home console space is pretty much non-existent.

Just imagine the kind of money they'll make if they bring over Mario aswell. Investors will put more pressure on them now after this success.

I don't doubt it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Just imagine the kind of money they'll make if they bring over Mario aswell. Investors will put more pressure on them now after this success.

Im pretty sure Nintendo will be working on a Mario related game for smartphones. 

think-man said:

But hopefully the success of GO will also show that games made from the ground up for mobile are the way forward, not just rushing the market with ports of old, console or handheld games.

Will Nintendo finally realise their future lies on Android and iOS at least when it comes to their handheld series.

Didn't think people would spend that much...

I was predicting 500k at most for micro transactions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Nuvendil said:
think-man said:

But hopefully the success of GO will also show that games made from the ground up for mobile are the way forward, not just rushing the market with ports of old, console or handheld games.

I agree.  If Nintendo is going to invest further into mobile they should hire more people and dedicate an entire development branch for it that caters to the mobile casual audience.  The last thing they should do is port games for their hardware over to mobile (though some of their casual-centric IPs like Brain Age should move to mobile since that's where that market went). 

I would love if mobile is successful for Nintendo because it would essentially replace their dwindling handheld business and allow Nintendo to unify their handheld/console libraries while boosting Nintendo's IPs and brand to people who don't typically follow video games, giving them a lot of free advertising.