By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game would you buy a console for?

Have you ever bought a console for one game?

Yep, no regrets! 32 52.46%

Yes, it was a bad decision. 8 13.11%

No, that's ludicrous. 18 29.51%

I don't play games and a... 3 4.92%

Total:61

I would drop cash and put a whole new box under my TV for the following games:

- A proper Battletoads followup. Arcadey & fun, over the top and weird, tons of variety between stages, eye popping graphics, and hard as hell.

- A Xenogears 'remake.' Don't touch the soundtrack, just rebalance some of the mechanics, update the murky sprites in 3D backgrounds visuals, fix (or nix) the random encounters during platformy bits, and most importantly flesh out the second half of the game.

- A new Suikoden, Parasite Eve, Rocket Knight Adventures, Final Fantasy Tactics, or a good Sonic game.

Around the Network

God of War.

F-Zero or Mega Man

Fable 4, just using number 2 as a foundation. Scorpio day one if it ever happened.

Jak and Daxter.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Bought an Xbox for Halo CE back in the day. Also ive done upgrades to my computer when i was no longer able to play a single game at max settings many times before. That should count too

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Well apparently Zelda: Breath of the Wild, as I plan to buy an Nx on launch. Seriously, the Nx would have to be very bad to dissuade me at this point.

Random_Matt said:
Fable 4, just using number 2 as a foundation. Scorpio day one if it ever happened.                                     

I would probably also buy XB1 with a proper Fable game! 

Unfortunately it will not happen, at least not this generation! 

EDIT: I already bought PS4 while waiting for No Man's Sky.

I bought a Wii U specifically for XCX. Funnily enough, I was quite disappointed by it but I enjoyed other games like Bayo 2, MK8 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions which  I'm playing right now quite a lot, so I have no regrets.

Grandia II Remake or Grandia IV