By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony add 1 PSVR game per month to PS+?

Teeqoz said:
Yeah that makes sense, especially considering how it can't be too long before they star phasing out PS3 or Vita games.

They should do that ASAP and use that money for PSVR games and better PS4 games.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Is there even enough games to be handing them out for free? I think for the first 2-3 months its a good idea.

There are already over 200 VR games available on Steam for HTC Vive. Almost none of these games are exclusive, so a lot of the better ones will also come to PSVR if the developers aren't idiots: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&category1=998&vrsupport=101%2C102

Over 100 of these VR games have over 90% positive reviews, so it ain't a crap parade.

Plus all the announced PSVR exclusive games. I don't think that there will be too few VR-titles to pick one interesting title every month. This game would be in the VR spotlight for a whole month, which should also enhance the sales of the PC versions, so I think many developers would be interested in a PS+ deal.

Sony could also chose PS4 (indie) titles where PSVR is optional so "normal" PS4 owners would also profit from a third game per month.

I think instead of PS3 games, they should give PSNow games and as for PSVR, they could even add a choice of getting a PS4 Game or getting a PSVR game.

I still think Sony is missing a trick with PSNow by not giving any of those games for free.

Fei-Hung said:
I think instead of PS3 games, they should give PSNow games...

That would piss off PS3 owners still paying for PS+. Why not add PS3 games for PS3 hardware and PS Now, so PS+ subscribers can play them on either hardware?

The 360 games of this year's "Games with Gold" are also playable on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Microsoft didn't piss off 360 owners by only make them playable on Xbox One. They added value for the XBO users without reducing value for 360 users.

Why are people suggesting reducing the value of PS3 and Vita users in favor of PS4 users and risking a shitstorm by that value shift?

As long as it doesn't mean eating into the free games on PS3 and PSV, sure. It could be a good way to draw more consumers in.

The only problem I see, as Kap mentioned, is that a focus on VR might dilute an already paltry monthly line-up.

Around the Network
Conina said:
Fei-Hung said:
I think instead of PS3 games, they should give PSNow games...

That would piss off PS3 owners still paying for PS+. Why not add PS3 games for PS3 hardware and PS Now, so PS+ subscribers can play them on either hardware?

The 360 games of this year's "Games with Gold" are also playable on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Microsoft didn't piss off 360 owners by only make them playable on Xbox One. They added value for the XBO users without reducing value for 360 users.

Why are people suggesting reducing the value of PS3 and Vita users in favor of PS4 users and risking a shitstorm by that value shift?

I thought you can get PSNow on the PS3 as well, as that would allow both platforms to have access to the game.

The difference for the 360 is they have backwards compatibility. The PS4 doesn't and i thought with PSNow being on both platforms, it would allow both of them to have access to the games. 

I hope not. I wish they would add more triple A games. If they add 1 PS VR game per month, the chances of getting an AAA games gets even slimmer.

Fei-Hung said:

I thought you can get PSNow on the PS3 as well, as that would allow both platforms to have access to the game.

You are right, PS Now also works on PS3 consoles. But running the PS3 games natively on a PS3 would be the better experience for the users (no lag, no video artifacts), especially for users with slow internet connections which are good enough for downloads but not for HD streaming.

Both the streaming version and the native PS3 version would be bound to the same PS+ account and have the same expiry date... so it wouldn't matter to Sony giving both versions for the best experience instead of only one of them. They would even have less streaming traffic this way.

It would help push PSVR hardware.

Wow, that's a brilliant idea. Especially as there is going to be many VR games that honestly are a bit simple and sub-par, games that people hesitate to spend $20-40 on even if they own PSVR. It's perfect to have Sony subsidize one of those games each month.