By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game that made you a fan of a specific gaming genre

RTS: Dune/C&C/Starcraft and Age of Empires were a few titles through the years that got me into the RTS genre.

FPS: DOOM, Quake,CoD got me into the FPS genre more and more over the years.

Turn based RPG: Final Fantasy, Pokemon, XCOM and Disgaea got me into the turn based RPG's, these days I'm not that much into them though besides Pokemon and XCOM.

RPG: Elder Scrolls, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Deus Ex, Titan Quest to name a few.

Racing: Burnout got me into Racing games, but these days there isn't much that interests me for that genre.

Adventure: Games like Zelda, Monkey Island and Myst were some of the few that started me off with the adventure genre.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Red Faction 2 introduced me to first person shooters. Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 introduced me to Western RPGs.

Rhythm Heaven introduced me to rhythm games. Still remains my favorite in the genre.

There's really only one game that did that for me in 35+ years I'v been gaming.

I was not a big fan of RPGs back in early 80s, though few of my friends swore by them...then I saw Dungeon Master on Amiga back in '87 and that changed my mind for good.

PixelPerfect said:
Visual novels - Ace Attorney

Ace Attorney isn't a visual novel, it's an adventure.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger made me a fan of J-RPG's, which are the kind of games that I play the most by far.